It's Okay (Mark)

I held Jack and listened to him cry as his tears soaked my uniform.

"He can't hurt you." I whispered, my lips brushing his ear. "He'll never hurt you again. You're home. You're safe. You're alive and okay."

"I was so scared... it was just how he looked at me when he had me..." Sean sobbed, barely choking out the words through his heaving sobs and convulsing shoulders.

"Oh baby..." I sighed. "Coming here was a bad idea..."

"No. I- I needed to see him." He sniffed.

"Do you want to go home?"

My husband nodded. "Just, give me a minute." He walked back in to the visitation room, where Shane still sat.

I stood at the door and listened.

"Hello Shane."

"Sean, I didn't think you'd come back."

"I just wanted to let you know how much fun I'll have watching you fry. I do hope you'll decide to forgo the hood." I heard Jack say, voice smooth and steady.

Shane tried to keep up the deathly polite banter, but a tremor of fear snuck into his voice, causing it to crack and shake. "I'll live forever in your nightmares though." He added a small chuckle.

"Goodbye Shane." Sean sighed, as though bored with talk. "See you in hell. Oh wait, that's right, no I won't." My brave, beautiful, lover left the visitation room, and dragged me around the corner out of sight before crushing me in a hug.

"I did it. I faced him alone. I faced him alone Mark I did it."

"You did. You did baby." I pressed my lips to his neck. "And I'm very proud of you."

He smiled, and we let the prison, climbing into the car.

"Home?" I asked.

Jack shook his head. "Let's play pretend."

"What do you mean?"

"We're still boyfriends. Not husbands. What do boyfriends do?" He smiled.

"I dunno." I shrugged, surprised at his sudden energy and happy persona, and interested to see what he had in mind.

"They go on a date." Sean kissed my cheek. "How does Burgerville sound?"

"You, are the best husband- I mean- boyfriend ever." I rolled down the windows, put in our Green Day CD, and we sped off down the road, and we wiped all thought of the Lacerator from our minds as we slipped back in time.