School Shooting(Jack)

Ryan was so stressed. On top of having to study for five finals, he had to parade around the school with his camera, shooting pictures of things for the yearbook.

"Ry, do you want me to come with you? You seem really stressed."

"That would be fantastic." He sighed, wiping his eyes before he could start crying. "I just... Mark got shot, I have to study, I can't get Daniel out of my head, that creep has been following us home from school-"

"What creep?"

"I-I'll tell you later. Mark's taking us all to the range after school today."

"Alright..." I conceded, slipping an arm around him. I'd left the Bob in charge, and told him to get Ms. Grimmie, the orchestra teacher, if anything went wrong. "Let's go. You have photos to take."

"Okay..." he smiled, hugging me. "Uh... before we leave here, can I get a picture of the band?"

"Yeah. Come on." I got up. And extended a hand. "And one more thing. We're finalizing the adoption."

He paled.

"For Matt. Just Matt."

"What?"

"I'm hoping that instead of adopting you, you become my son in law." I winked.

"Wait. You know?" He stared at me in shock.

"About you and Matt, yes. Mark and I both do."

"So... you're going to let me become a legal adult without adopting me. So Matt and I don't have to break up and be just brothers..."

"Yep."

He set his camera down.

"You okay Ry-"

He crashed I to me, wrapping his arms around me, trying not to cry. "Thank you! Thank you Sean oh my god... you... you said you were finalizing the adoption and I just.... I couldn't breathe. I was so scared."

"Hey." I chuckled. "It's okay. It's okay. Hey. Wipe your eyes. We've got yearbook photos to shoot."

Ryan nodded, and pulled away, wiping his eyes with a sleeve. I brought up a hand and wiped under his eyes with a thumb.

"Let's go."

We spent the day walking around and taking pictures, generally having a good time, until the last bell rang.

"I texted Mark." I said. "He's going to meet us about three blocks away. I want to see this creep."

Matt yelled over. "Papa! Ryan!"

"Hey kid." I hugged him, and ruffled his hair.

"Hi Ryan." Matt chuckled nervously, giving Ryan a hug.

I took a quick look around the hall. It was empty. "I'll give you two a minute." I turned my back to them.

"It's okay Mattie. He knows."

"He does?"

"They both do. Why do you think they're only finalizing the adoption for you? They want a son in law." Ryan laughed.

I heard silence. I took a peek behind me. Their lips were locked, their arms around each other. I smiled.

"Alright. That's enough. Let's go."

I turned around to face them again, and they broke apart.

"Sean wants to see this creep that's stalking us. Mark's meeting us three blocks south." Ryan explained.

"Okay." Matt swallowed nervously. "Papa. Don't be mad... I... I nicked Joey's gun. It's in my backpack."

"Matt Watson!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry Papa! I'm scared he'll hurt us. He watches us every day!"

"Backpack. Hand it over. Now."

He gave me his backpack, and I slung it over my shoulder.

"I'm not mad Matt." I hugged him. "You could have been expelled. And arrested. It worries me. I'm not mad."

"Okay."

We started walking, and got about a block away.

"There he is." Ryan jerked his head inconspicuously to his right. "Don't look yet. Keep walking."

We kept walking. We got about half a block further, and the man crossed the street, keeping pace with us just opposite us.

"Stay here boys."

"Papa no..." Matt whimpered. Ryan wrapped his arms around him.

I pulled the gun out of the pack, and stuck it in my belt in the back of my jeans, walking across the street. "Hey."

The man stopped, face hidden by a scarf and hat.

"Who are you?"

"I believe your husband has met me." He spoke lowly. I saw the barrel of his gun peek out from under his coat.

"You stay away from my kids." I reached for my own gun.

"Ah ah. You do that and a bullet goes through Ryan Magee's head."

I lowered my hand. "What do you want?"

"I want your husband to suffer." He drawled.

"Please. Leave my boys be. Do what you want to me. They haven't done anything."

"I won't touch you either. Not today. Go back to your boys, take your little trip to the range today. Oh, and hide your spare key better. Also. Tell Matt he needs to hide his porno better. Under his mattress, really? And they look cute when they sleep.

He'd been in my house. He'd been in my boys's room. He'd watched them sleep.

I ran back across the road and pulled them into my arms.

"Papa what's wrong?" Matt asked.

"He... he said you need to find a better place than under your mattress to hide your porn Matt." My voice shook as I started to cry. "And he said you two look cute when you sleep..."

"He... he was in our house..." Ryan stiffened.

I nodded. I looked up. The man I now knew was the Lacerator, was gone.

We ran the rest of the way to meet Mark. We got in the car, and the first thing I did was kiss him.

"Skip the range. We're going home." I said.

"What?"

Matt and Ryan helped me explain what had happened.

We pulled into our driveway, and the front door was open.

"Oh no..." Mark gasped. He pulled his weapon. "Sean stay in the car with the boys."

"Dad please... no." Matt begged him not to go in alone.

"Stay in the car Watson." Mark had always called Matt Watson as a nickname, since that was his last name(for now). Ryan was Sherlock. "Sherlock, make sure he listens."

"Yes Mark." Ryan took Matt's hand.

Agonizing moments passed.

"Clear!" Mark yelled. We went inside.

Mar stood staring at the wall. A message was written there in blood. The dead bodies of five crows lay on the floor beneath it, arranged in a pentagram, their chests ripped open.

Shut your windows, lock your doors,
Fathers bury sons in wars.

Keep your wits about you Mark,
For I am the unstoppable dark.

Your sons and husband are not safe,
From Hades, the dark and blackened wraith.

Beware Fischbach, leave me alone.
Or you family kneels before death's throne.
-your friend, the Lacerator
P.S. give me a better name than that. Come ON.