Eyes of a Killer(Jack)

We arrived at the prison for the set time. I was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane.

"Mark I can't do this."

He kissed my forehead. "There's a pane of bulletproof glass between us and him, I'm armed, so are the guards, and I'll kill him myself if he tries anything."

I sank into his warm, strong arms. "I love you."

"Love you too. Now let's not keep him waiting. He's got little time left. Don't make him waste it."

We headed inside, and once Mark explained who he was, they let him keep his gun. We sat on our side of the glass, holding the phone between us, as Shane Dawson was led into the room on the other side.

"You came. I didn't think you would." He said, his voice low and beaten. He was thin, and deathly pale. I felt the smallest ache of pity, but I shoved it away.

"Mark's the one that agreed. I couldn't let him come alone." I decided to have a little jab of my own sadistic fun. I deserved it. "Wouldn't want him killing you before you're supposed to die, now would we?" I smirked just barely.

Shane went even whiter, which I didn't think was possible. I felt a rush of satisfaction to see him even half as terrified as I was when he had me.

Mark kicked me lightly under the table. I glared at him, and set down the phone. "He tried to drown me in rubbing alcohol. I'm not allowed to make him scared?"

"Fair point." My husband muttered.

"Jack, I'm not asking for your forgiveness, nor yours Mark." Shane sighed. "All I want is to avoid the chair."

"Maybe you should have thought of that before you started killing and torturing people." Mark spoke softly, his face blank and emotionless. "Goodbye Shane."

Mark pulled me up, and we started to walk away.

"Wait!" Shane yelled into the phone. I stopped.

"What."

"I enjoyed our time together Sean. Wish it could have lasted. You'll come to see me go, won't you?" He smirked, laughing as he saw me start to tremble, reliving the hours of agony he'd put me through. His eyes glinted sadistically, thoroughly enjoying my discomfort. I'd seen that look before, in pictures of Charles Manson; David Berkowitz, the Son of Sam; Edmund Kemper, the Co-ed Killer; Dennis Raider, the BTK killer; and Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono, The Hillside Stranglers. The eyes of a Killer, who loved what he did.

Mark pulled me out the door and around the corner to a secluded spot before I started sobbing.

"Shh shh..." He didn't say a word. Mark just held me firmly, and played with my hair, as I shook, and cried.