Dodge And Weave(Mark)

I ducked behind tables in the cafeteria, and kept Shane occupied. I could only hope that PJ was getting the kids out.

"So Shane, you wanna go back to prison, or would you rather I killed you now?" I yelled, letting my voice ricochet around the empty halls.

"You stupid fool. You don't have a gun. If you did, you'd have shot me already."

Fuck.

"Then that means.... you're just a distraction. The kids are all leaving."

"No!" I burst out from my hiding place, and tackled him to the floor. The MG flew from his hand, and we grappled, hand to hand. He hit me on my jaw, and I slumped, dizzy. He got up, and ran.

I chased after him, and tried to grab him.

Where the fuck were my reinforcements!?

As if on cue, sirens rang out.

Shane swore, and dove for the gun. I knocked it from him, and grabbed it.

I held it up, tightening my finger to fire, and I hesitated. I couldn't do it. I thought about how he hurt the love of my life, but I couldn't do it.

Shane's eyes widened, and he ran. I fell to my knees, exhausted, as Avi, Aaron, and Arin burst in.

"MARK!" Aaron yelled.

I sighed. "I'm fine. I got the gun. Mr. Ligouri and Mr. Thompson evacuated the kids."

"Did he get away?"

"Yeah..." I stood. "Im tired... can you drive me to the cemetery? I'm meeting Jack and the kids there. They think we're going to Ohio, but we're going back to Olympia."

"Yeah." Aaron hugged me. "Get in the car."