Leaving(Mark)

A few days later, we were back at  house, and I was still paranoid.

I heard Jack talking to Eanna downstairs, and decided to join them.

I paused on the stairs, as I made out the words.

"E. You can't go. Please... I need you. You're my best friend."

"I'm sorry Sean..." Eanna sighed. "I have to go back to Ireland. My mum is getting up there in her years. She's not doing too well and I'd like to try and make peace with her before she... you know."

"I get it."

I peeked my head around the corner, where my husband had Eanna in a tight hug.

"You're sure you don't want me to drive you to the airport?"

"Positive. Stay safe, Sean..."

"I will."

Eanna tensed up, before slouching. "I never stopped loving you, you know..."

"I never stopped loving you either." My husband admitted. "The type of love changed, it's platonic now, but I'll always still love you, E. It's what friends do."

The guitarist laughed sadly. "But mine didn't. Which is why..." He broke off. "With Shane and all, you getting hurt, and us spending time together again... I just... A serial killer wants you dead, so this is uh... just in case I never see you again."

Eanna closed the gap between them, kissing Jack deeply. Jack pulled him in further, holding Eanna the same way he holds me during sex(yes, I said sex. We have it. We're married, alright?)

They broke apart, gasping for air, as I stood out of sight, dumbfounded. Sean... how could he...?

"Goodbye Sean. I love you." Eanna walked towards the front door, and spotted me. He sighed, and gave me a hug. "Thanks for everything, Mark. I hope you catch Shane soon."

"Me too." I said. I would miss him around here.

Eanna nodded, and shut the door behind him. I watched as his figure shrunk, the further up the hill he and his suitcase got.

"Sean I saw everything." I said, not looking at my lover.

"Mark..." Jack sighed in aprehension, sadness, and guilt. He stood in front of me, and buried his head in my chest. "I'm so scared of Shane. I know I should trust you to protect me-"

"But you dont." I said, hands in my pockets, refusing to acknowledge his contact with my body.

"No..."

"I don't blame you." I said.

"I just... If... if that truly is the last memory Eanna will ever have of me, I wanted to.make sure it was the best it could be... can... can you understand that?"

My heart ached. He was such an adorable fucking gentleman. I kissed him, eagerly holding him to me. "Of course I can."