Back Home(Jack)

Mark pulled me up to our room ad soon as we stepped through the front door, and roughly pulled off my clothes. I smiled. "Oho, someone's eager."

He stayed silent, his face shadowed in the dark room. He pushed me forcefully down onto the bed.

"So what do you want to do to me puppy?" I chuckled, fully ready to submit to my husband.

Mark stripped, and fell onto the bed, his chest on mine, burying his face in the nape of my neck, running a hand through my hair.

"Mark?"

My husband burst into silent tears, as I pulled the covers over his back.

"Baby! Oh god... Mark what's wrong?"

"The concert... I just..." He choked out. "It brought so many memories and I just miss him so much..."

I sighed, nuzzling into him. "I miss him too, puppy... I miss him too... but thats why I did it. I needed closure, and it just felt so right."

"How can you just forget about him!?" He sobbed.

"No! I havent forgotten! I've moved on to the final stage of grief, yes. I've accepted that he's gone. Does that mean I have to be okay with it? Absolutely not. But I have to enjoy what I have, and enjoy his life. Not dwell on his end. And what  have is a wonderful family, two amazing kids, two dogs, a cat, and a perfect husband. I can't let his death erase all the wonderful parts of his life, and our family."

Mark rolled off me, and pulled me to face him, resting a hand on my cheek. He smiled, and I put put a hand to wipe away his tears. "I get it... I do." He sniffled. "I guess... its just gonna take me a little longer than it took you."

"You did share a more profound bond." I said.

"Did you just Castiel me?"

"Maaaybe?"

He smiled. "I hate you."

"There's that smile! And you love me."

"Just a little..." I started to get up to get him a glass of water, and he pulled at me desperately.

"No please stay."

"I'm getting you some water, puppy." I kissed him lightly. "I'll be right back."

"Okay..." Mark stared up at me with his beautiful chocolate eyes.

I pulled on some pants, and walked downstairs. I filled up  glass, and drank it, before refilling it, and starting back up the stairs.

I opened the door to our room, and whispered his name.

Mark was asleep, clutching my pillow to him, his face buried in it's softness. I set the water down, and gently replaced myself with the pillow, trying not to wake him. I got settled, and he blinked awake.

Mark smiled, nuzzling closer, and shutting his eyes again.

I followed his lead, and held him close, letting sleep carry me away.