Forgiveness(Jack)

Mark... he actually thought I was capable of cheating on him. I helped Eanna cart his luggage upstairs to the guest room and unpack it all.

There was a knock at the door as I mentally threw every curse word I knew at my husband. Speak of the devil.

"Hey, Eanna. Would you mind if I stole my husband for a moment?" Mark chuckled, a grin on his face.

Before I could say anything, Eanna glared at me. "No I don't. Go on Sean. I'll be alright."

I walked out. Mark pulled me into our room and as soon as he shut the door, the smile was gone. He literally fell to his knees and begged for forgiveness.

"Sean... I love you. Please don't hate me I didn't know I assumed and I shouldn't have done that please don't leave me. Please dont tell me I ruined things for us. We survived a serial killer god damn it. We can survive one little argument..." He was sobbing at this point, almost to the point of incoherence.

I dropped down to my knees and hugged him. I kissed his lips softly.

"What was that for? Do you forgive me...?"

"That was so this won't hurt any more than it has to." I drew back an hand and struck him across the face.

He recoiled in shock.

"That was for being stupid enough to think I'd ever cheat on you. Now get your ass back over here."

He did as he was told.

I reached out, and leaned against the wall. I pulled him into my lap, and he cuddled into my arms muttering.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you Jack I love you so much..."

"Shh. Sh... it's okay. It's okay." I ran a hand through his hair. "I love you too... It... It just hurt to know that you thought I was capable of doing that to you."

He shifted, straddling my hips. He pressed his lips to mine, and I pulled him deeper into the kiss.

"And to answer your question, yes. You're forgiven."