Anxiety Attacks(Jack)

I went back to school the next day. The class still had no idea what had happened to me, and I intended to keep it that way.

I thought I could handle it. I'd be fine. And I was.

Until Patrick asked about cut he'd gotten over the weekend.

"Mr. McLoughlin, I have a cut. Is there any rubbing alcohol in the first aid kit?"

I froze.

Shane.

My vision blurred and my breathing accelerated.

Pain

My soul drifted from my body, it felt like, and I was observing myself from above in a panicked, yet oddly calm state.

Drowning

I couldn't take in air. I couldn't speak.

No hope

"Uh, I uh... yeah I think so. Knock yourself out, kid." I gasped.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'll be right back." I left the room, almost running down the hall to the nurse's office.

"Mr. McLoughlin! Are you alright?" She grabbed my arm, and I panicked.

"Don't touch me!" I threw up a hand, and it struck her across the face.

"Oh my god Mrs. Jacques im so sorry! I don't know what's happening to me..." I trembled, my body about to collapse.

"Its alright. Youre having a panic attack. Sit down. What triggered it?"

"Patrick said 'rubbing alcohol'..." I sat, putting my head in my hands, leaning on the wall, sinking to the floor, as my knees gave out, gasping for air that wouldn't come.

"Why did that cause this?"

"I was taken by the Lacerator..." I burst into tears, sobbing silently into my palms.

She clasped hand to her mouth. "Do you want me to call someone to come pick you up? You're in no state to drive. Or do you want to go back to class? Im sure Mrs. Grimme would be happy to supervise the band."

"Mark." I shook, still having difficulty breathing. "I want Mark..."

"Who?"

"My husband. Please I need him.." I rattled off his number.

She dialed.

"I'll go get my things."

She shook her head, and paged the band room. I heard Bob's voice, and saw my bag a few moments later. He gingerly gave.me a hug. I sat there mutely, unable to move or speak, barely able to breathe.

"It'll be okay Jack. Should I tell the class you'll be back tomorrow? They're worried."

I nodded numbly. "I'll be back maybe tomorrow."

"What happened?"

"Go back to class Myuskens." I offered him a weak smile.

"Okay." He left, and I drifted further away from my mind, like an out of body experience, as I waited for my husband to hold me in his arms.