Regret(Mark)

I'd kicked Jack out. No more nights sharing the bed, no clothes between us. No more cuddling on the couch with the kids and the dogs for a movie.

What had I done?

It didn't matter. He had wanted to leave. I was through with him.

My phone rang. It was Jack's number. I ignored it.

It rang again, and again. The third time, I answered.

"Listen Sean. Don't expect me to let you come crawling back you bi-"

"Oh." A familiar and hated voice drawled. "This isn't Sean."

"Dawson." I paled. "We left you alone. I left you alone. I moved house for gods sake!"

"I still want to see you suffer."

"Is... oh god. You killed him didn't you?"

"Not yet."

There was rustling on his end.

"M-m-mark...?"

His voice sounded weak.

"Jack..." I gasped.

"He's alive. For now. But oh my. He's being so brave. He's been in that tub of rubbing alcohol for at least an hour. Do you know how hard it is to make 666 deep cuts on the human body and not hit any main arteries?" Shane laughed.

"You son of a bitch. Let him go."

"Come meet me then. Alone. I'll bring him with me, and I will make him go back to you. Or do you still not want him crawling back to you?"

"When and where?" The bitch was gonna make him come to my call like a kicked pet.

"That tall building downtown across from the fountain. Second floor. Two hours."

"Okay."

"No police. Except you of course." He chuckled at the irony. "Oh, and you better come unarmed. Or I'll make you put a bullet through his head."

I swallowed. "I'll be there. I'll do exactly as you say."

"Good." He hung up.

Before I even realised what I was doing, I was up to my elbow in the wall. This was my fault. If kicked him out. I'd started the argument. I clutched my newly bruised hand with a sob.

I got in the car and drove to the police station and explained everything.

"We'll send someone to get him" The chief said.

"I am member of this police force. He told me to go alone and unarmed or he'll make me shoot him through the head. Give me a wire tap, put backup out of sight outside, but you will not stop me from going and getting my husband unless you shoot out my knees and put me in a medically induced coma. And when we find him, I cuff him. You can get the glory. I just want to make them extra tight myself. He needs to pay for this. And maybe throw a few punches. And no one touches Sean but me. No one lays a hand on my husband until I get him out of there." I fumed, slamming my hands and gun down on the table.

The chief nodded. He yelled at a couple officers to get into civilian clothes, and head down to the fountain.

"Fischbach."

"Yes sir."

"You need backup, work 'I can't drink' into a sentence. Got it?"

"Understood sir." I wondered how the hell I'd do that without sounding weirdly suspicious.

I checked the clock. My two hours were almost up. I got in my car, and drove.