Lockdown(Mark)

I pulled into the parking lot. The silence was smothering me. "This is Officer Fischbach, requesting backup to evacuate LAHS."

"Copy that, Mark. On our way." Avi's voice came over the radio.

I entered, and checked the clock, locking the door behind me. They were in their third period class. English with Craig Thompson.

I drew my gun, and snuck through the halls until I got to their English classroom.

I knocked on the door. There was silence. "Watson! Sherlock!"

"Dad!" A whisper came from behind the door.

"Matt no!" The teacher hissed, as Matt opened the door just an inch.

"Matt on thank god you're okay. Where's Ryan?" I asked.

"He went to the bathroom right before we locked down. I don't know where he is."

"I'll come back with him." I kissed his forehead, and pulled out my knife, pressing it into his hand. "You know what to do if Shane gets through that door."

My son looked at me. "Yeah."

I ran down the hall to the nearest bathroom, in frantic search for my future son-in-law.

"Ryan!" I whispered, opening the door.

There was no response.

I ran to the next, and the next, and the next bathroom. Nothing. Maybe he'd sought refuge in a different classroom.

I texted him.

Mark: Where are you?

Sherlock: who is this?"

Mark: it's dad.

Sherlock: prove it.

Mark: Watson yelled at me when I kissed Papa under the mistletoe for five full minutes.

Sherlock: Mr. Ligouri's room.

Mark: Where the fuck is that?

Sherlock: Where are you?

Mark: in the building.

Where was I...? Uh... aha.

Sherlock: gee. Real specific.

Mark: in front of room 111.

Sherlock: room 87.

Mark: I'm coming.

I ran down to where he was, and knocked on the door. "Sherlock, it's me!"

The door opened a little, and his hand grabbed my arm, yanking me inside.

"Dad!" He gasped. "Where's Matt?"

"Safe." I held him close.

"Ryan who is this?"  A british voice asked.

"I'm his almost-father-in-law. And I'm a cop."

"Dad this is Mr. Ligouri."

"Nice to meet you. Listen, I called for reinforcements. They shpuld be here to evacuate the students shortly, but Ryan is coming with me now."

"I can't let you do that."

"You can, if I'm an officer of the law. Which I am." I glared at Mr. Ligouri, my hand resting on my gun. "I am also his legal guardian, so release him. Into. My. Custody. NOW."

"Ryan go with him."

"Thank you, Mr. Ligouri." I said.

"Please, it's PJ." He shook his head.

"Thank you, PJ."

I grabbed Ryan's hand, and we left the room.

We got back to the English classroom, and I knocked.

"Watson open the door."

I heard the lock click,  and we slipped inside. Matt locked the door behind us.

"I called for backup." I informed the teacher. "They should be here to evacuate the students once they've set up a perimeter."

"Thank you." The teacher said.

"Mr. Thompson, where do we go?" A kid asked.

"You go to my house. Its across the street. Spare key is in the windchime. We will continue class there. And don't touch my Oreos."

"You aren't coming with us?"

"I have to stay until all the students have been safely evacuated."

"Good luck, Craig." I shook his hand, before opening the window. "Kids, go. Matt, Ryan, go to Danny Boy. Sean and Eanna will meet you there with packed bags. I love you."

"Okay. Love you too." My kids hugged me before climbing out the window.

I hear doors getting kicked and pounded along the hallway, and a voice.

"Oh Ryan! Matt! Your dads sent sent me to get you out of school!"
"Craig I understand you have rules, but I'll get the kids out. Run." I handed him my gun. "Take this."

He took the weapon. "I can't leave." Craig climbed out the window, and went to the next classroom.

Kids started piling out of windows. I had to keep Shane distracted.

"Joke's on you, Dawson! I'm here to get them myself!" I yelled, hiding behind a wall. Oh why did I forget my second gun at the station?