Scared For Our Lives(Mark)

The gun fell from my hand as I finished reading his poem.

I felt Jack's arms around me, and hands on my shoulders.

I shrugged them all off.

"That's it." I picked up my gun, and took Daniel's off the table where he'd left it this morning. "This fucker. Thinks he can get away with threatening my family. Son of a fucking bitch!"

"Mark no. Please." Jack hugged me from behind. "Don't go after him. I almost lost you six times. Don't make it happen again. Please."

I softened, setting down the guns, and pulled out of his arms. I looked at him, and took his face in my hands. "Jack..." my beautiful baby boy... I couldn't hurt him like that...

"Please..."

"Matt, go call the police."

"Dad you are the police."

"Not today. Today I'm a victim. There's no way they'll let me work this case anymore." I sighed, pulling my beautiful husband into my arms, rocking slowly.

"Okay dad."

I heard my son speaking so calmly on the phone with the cops.

"Yes. Can I speak to Officer Avidan?"

I tuned them out, clutching my love in fear, until I heard the sirens.

Avi and Erin came into the house, and started to pull Jack away from me.

"No! Sean!" I tried to get to him, until a familiar hand rested on my shoulder.

"It's okay. I need your help to photograph the scene." Erin's perpetually happy voice sounded in my ear.

I relaxed, and let Avi take Jack away.

"Let's get you all down to the station. We can protect you down there." Avi said.

I nodded, and let them take Jack and the kids away.

Erin and I took pictures of the poem and the crows, before he took me down to the station, where I gave my official statement before I was reunited with my family in the holding cell.

One of the prostitutes in there was hitting on my husband, until I walked in.

"Hey there pretty thing. What did a cop like you do to get in here? You must have been a bad boy. I like a bad boy." She trailed her fingers down my chest. "I had my eyes set on pretty little green-hair over there. But you're much better."

"I'm not interested ma'am. Not at the given moment. I'm sure you're very good at what you do, but..." I leaned in close to her ear. "If you'll excuse me. I have to get to my husband." I pushed her away teasingly, and walked over to Jack, and I kissed his cheek, before hugging Mat and Ryan.

Jack chuckled as the lady looked at me in shock.

"How's my wonderful family holding up?"

Ryan gave me the most deadpan look, as Matt nuzzled into his neck. "Terrified."

"Where are Joey and Daniel?" I asked.

"Avi's out looking for them now." Erin said, sighing. "He's been stalking your family... damn... we're gonna keep you in here overnight. And then we'll set you up somewhere far away from here until we catch him. Given the poem, it's best you stay off this case."

"I agree. He wants me away from him. He directly targeted me." I shivered, hugging Jack close. "He- he said if I didn't quit hunting him, my family 'kneels before death's throne.' I... I would've quit this case even if you hadn't taken me off it."

"Mark! What's going on?"

Joey and Daniel were herded into the holding cell.

"Shane came to our house. He left a message in crows blood and left five dead crows in a pentagram formation under it." I explained.

"Oh my god..." Joey clung to Daniel, and Daniel pressed his lips to Joey's forehead.

"It's okay Joey baby. I wont let him touch us." He looked at me. "Any of us."