Mentally Exhausted(Jack)

Mr. Curly blathered on at the band while they prepped for the winter concert. I was tired. I tuned him out as I tried not to fall asleep.

"Mr. McLoughlin!" He yelled.

I sat up. The room was empty, and his hand was pn the back of my shoulder. He looked down at me in concern. The class had left. "What?"

"Are you okay? Mr. Grant told the teachers why you're back."

"Oh." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Yeah... I uh... how much did he say?"

"Just that the Lacerator got out, and he thinks you're in Ohio, but he's targeting your family specifically." Mr. Curly sighed.

"Yeah... I uh... I'm fine. Just... a little scared he's out again, and exhausted. Im too afraid to sleep." I tried to keep my eyes open as the next class came in.

"Sean get up." Mr. Curly folded his arms. "Go take a nap in the nurse's office. Come back later if you're feeling better."

"Alright. Thank you." I got up and stumbled to the door.

"Mr. Curly is he okay?"

"I'm just feeling a little under the weather." I smiled.

I walked down the halls, and stopped by the student store to buy a couple cookies from- Mark.

"How may I help- Sean!"

"Hey babe." I yawned.

"You should be in the band room." He opened the gate and let me behind the counter.

"I know." I kissed his cheek. "I almost fell asleep in the middle of class, so he sent me to the nurse's office to get some rest. What are you doing here?"

"Stalking our children. Also Matt went to the bathroom so I'm covering until he gets back. Now go away and sleep. I'll bring you  cookie when I'm done here."

I hugged him close. "Okay Puppy."

Mark smiled, as I left.

I walked into the nurse's office, and I walked to the little row of cots. Choosing the one in the back corner, I pulled the curtains around it and laid down.

"Mr. McLoughlin are you okay?"

"Just a bit of anxiety and over-exhaustion. Tell my husband I have the last bed when he comes in, will you?"

"Sure."

I closed my eyes, and the refused to reopen as I crashed.