Flight(Jack)

I lay on the grass, eyes closed, until I heard a car.

I sat up, and watched my husband step out slowly with Aaron, giving his partner a hug before walking towards me.

"Mark!"

He stood, exhausted, ad I collided with him.

"Kitten..." Mark mumbled, burying his face in my neck. "I failed..."

"What?"

"I heaitated in shpoting his fucking face and he got away. He's still out there." He gasped, clutching me close.

"Hey." I hugged him tighter, and looked at him. A massive bruise flowered on his jaw, and his nose was bleeding. "You're alive. Thats all that I care about."

"Matt, Ryan. Get in the car." Mark sighed, beginning to walk to the front seat.

I pulled him away. "Ryan you're driving."

"Jack I'm fine." Mark yanked his arm away.

No he wasn't. "I'm sure you are... but I need you." That wasn't entirely a lie. I put on my best needy face, and he smiled a little.

"Okay, Kitten." My husband slid into the backseat with me, and I laid his head on my lap.

I played with his hair as Ryan pulled away from the cemetery for what I hoped wouldn't be the last time.

Mark closed his eyes, and was soon asleep. I continued to play with his silky soft hair, the dyed red boldly standing out amidst the navy uniform.

Matt turned on the radio to 103.5. "Carol of the Bells" emanated from the speakers as we drove to LAX.