The First Calamity

□□ "I am calamity!" □□

Kirsten and Carla came at the location, a quiet village street. But there were tents scattered on the side of the road. There were tents with food, rack of clothes, crates, equipment boxes, spotlights and a lot of people. Cameras were being prepared in every angle. Two opposite houses, with a lot of people from the production team going in and out of it.

The two walked along the concrete pathway. Carla was smiling and greeting some of the band crew and production team members. Kirsten smiled at them as well when she gets the chance.

A reporter and her cameraman walked up to them. 

"Hi!" a happy reporter greeted them. "I'm Sandra, and you are Kirsten, right?" the reporter stretched out her hand.

Kirsten just nodded, shook her hand and smiled a little. Carla slowly stepped away from her as the cameraman took his position in front of them. She held on Carla's shirt in panic. It was her first day, and she hasn't met the band yet. And then she was going to be interviewed immediately. Kirsten felt a cold sweat on her head.

She was excited with everything. She was excited in meeting the band, talking to them and maybe watch them perform live. She also thought of just stare at them on practices or eat on one table with them. She never knew what awaits her.

She was excited with everything, except interviews.

"It's okay! This is the only interview we permitted." Carla held her hand and gently squeezed it so Kirsten won't feel worried. When Kirsten released her shirt, she smiled at Sandra and signalled her to go on with the interview. Kirsten awkwardly faced the camera and tries to avoid eye-contact with the reporter and the big camera in front of them.

"First off, how are you feeling right now?" Sandra asked as she pats Kirsten's shoulder lightly. Kirsten flinched a little in surprise. She thought the reporter was being too familiar, but then it is work.

Kirsten sighed and flashed a big and very happy smile. "I'm really happy right now, and excited and nervous all at the same time!" Her voice was shaking a little but Sandra didn't mind. She just looked at her formally and comfortably at a safe distance, so she won't freak out the little fan girl again.

"I can see that clearly. When you made that video, were you expecting to win?" 

"I was not even aware that there was a contest!" Kirsten's face looked really surprised, even if she was already there at the shoot. She can't help but be thankful for the greatest turn of events in her life. 

"Really?" Sandra's eyes grew bigger. "B-but how did you win?"

Another van arrived at the location. Four men went down from it, and they were approached by crew members and some people from the production team. The frontman, Alex Gaskarth, noticed Kirsten being interviewed, and he points it out to his best friend, Jack Barakat, immediately.

Jack started to walk lightly with his back arched. Alex and the other half of All Time Low, Zack Merrick and Rian Dawson casually followed him as they greeted and smiled at the crew and the other people preparing for the shoot. Jack has a big grin on his face as he quietly stood up behind Kirsten. He even waved his hand in the air. He was like a background crowd on a reporter in the field.

"I was more, more than lucky." Kirsten stressed the word more. She wasn't able to think of how would her life supposed to be if she did not win on the contest. Most likely, she would be still in front of her computer. She can't really explain it in a way that would be enough to describe everything.