If I catch you on the corner

□□ His bites were minimal yet sweet. □□

*doorbell rings!*

Kirsten rushed down carefully, "Coming!" she shouted. Her hands on her hair, tying it up neatly after it got messy while she was trying to find more Christmas decorations. It was her agenda that morning.

Even if Jack won't be around during the Christmas eve, it will be a little surprise for him to have a cheerful Christmas welcome.

Kirsten already had some Christmas balls, wreaths and garlands scattered on the couch in the living room. The Christmas tree was peeking out from the room where it was stored. Kirsten planned on pulling it out once May arrives to help her out.

The visitor rang the doorbell once more. When she opened the door, she stood frozen like she has seen a ghost. She can't distinguish the adrenaline she felt. Was it from running excitedly down the stairs or the surprise that Jack has prepared for her.

"Where are your bags?" Jack asked with a straight face, but with subtle blushing cheeks.

"What?" Kirsten can't understand anything. Jack was in front of her, asking about her bags. He was supposed to be on tour. He was supposed to be with the band and on the road to Los Angeles.

May visited her the day before, and they packed up some of her things. Kirsten thought that those might be the bags Jack was referring to.

"What? Why? Something wrong?" Kirsten asked as she opened the door for May, the day before Jack came. She has planned to talk with Vinny and follow up a report for the last month's summary. Because of the tour, everyone was busy. Everyone has limited free time, and she didn't want to take it all up from him. May's visit was unplanned and might take a while.

"Yeah. I know. I just want to prepare your delivery day bag." May tried to respond with a monotonous tone.

"Delivery day? I just entered my second trimester. And I thought were not going anymore? Jack told me not to." Kirsten insisted questions because of confusion as she closed the door after May came in.

"I know. I convinced him that you need the check-up. So we need to prepare early. Let's go upstairs!" May was just trying to drag her to Jack's little plan. If there was one thing that was clear for her, Jack wanted Kirsten to be with them. He wouldn't ask anything like that for nothing, and she would do er best for her little brother.

Kirsten just followed her lead. May took out some of her clothes from the closet and lined it up on the well-kept bed. Kirsten was on the other side of the room, looking for a big bag to fit all the clothes in.

"Do I really need to have a delivery day bag right now?" Kirsten asked her again. She was puzzled about the early preparation. With what she knew about her condition was that she's not near the labor day, not even a trimester close to it.

"We will bring the bag to your doctor, Kirsten. She will check it for us." May tried to come up with a reasonable excuse. She scratched her head as she said that.

But Kirsten has done her own research about pregnancy since she stayed at Jack's place. "A lot of clothes set? I thought one week is enough after a normal delivery?" She was still trying to understand what was happening around her. She was trying to know the fishy act that May was showing. It was so not like her at all.

May started to stutter. She tried to ignore her question as they folded the clothes. After a moment, Kirsten asked the same question again but May did not back down. She has to be convincing, she can't spill it to Kirsten.