The Fourth Calamity

□□ "I want you to always dream of me."

"I will, even when I'm not sleeping." □□

On their way to Dallas, the sun was going down slowly. Jack looked out the window with his earphones on. He was slouching in front of the table. His iPod on his hand, and his phone on the table facing up.

"Not playing?" Alex sat beside him, squeezed him inwards and removed one of his earphones. Jack shook his head as he placed his arm on top of the couch.

Alex was leaning his hands on his knees as he said, "You know, I'm starting to think that this couch has some curse on it."

Jack looked at him with confusion. He was just sitting there and listening to some tunes. He was texting Kirsten, occasionally checking up on her while she worked on the last set papers that Vinny left for her. She was replying after a couple of minutes as she didn't want to be disturbed while looking at some figures.

She tried to concentrate on the figures and charts but she can't get her mind off of Jack's kiss and another important thing in her mind.

Alex came around that afternoon to pick him up. Kirsten went with them as Jack requested. Jeff was beside Alex on the driver's seat and the two sat in the backseat, cuddling to make up for the coming days.

"You sure you don't want to come?" Jack asked her as he kissed the hair behind her ear.

"You know I want to come. But we already decided that its better not to."

"About you, being in love with me, uh.."

Kirsten froze with that question again. He will be leaving soon and it will be bad to leave something like that hanging. She did not want to answer it, but she knew she had a different answer for it.

"You don't need to answer it."

Kirsten let out a long and deep exhale. With her relief, she stole a kiss on his cheek. The edge of her lips touching the edge of his. Jack's eyes became more round in surprise.

"That's my revenge! Aaand.." Kirsten thought a list of do's and dont's and well wishes are in order. "If you want to give back a revenge for that, you need to.." She put out her left pinky finger, as Jack was on her left side.

"Keep safe at all times. If you want to surf on the crowd, never let the security guy loose grip of your feet." Jack was smiling at her. She sounded like she was giving instructions for nursery kids on a field trip.

She then lifted up her ring finger next, "Don't drink too much."

Her pinky and ring finger joined by her middle finger. "Try to get a lot of sleep please. Dreaming of me is optional. Teehee!!" Kirsten got a little embarassed and flustered with her third note for him.

Jack pulled her head to his shoulder as he slouched down. He noticed Alex looking from the rear view mirror and he glared at him. Alex laughed a little and started singing along on the radio. He kissed her hair and said, "I don't think that would be optional but, I want you to always dream of me. Always. okay?"

Jack lifted her head and Kirsten almost hoped for a kiss because that was how he always does it. But what Kirsten saw were his sad and concerned eyes.

Jack was struggling to take back his decision or to keep his word at it. He was sad for leaving Kirsten behind, especially that she was pregnant. Even if he knew that she promised to be a strong mom-to-be, she would always be a fragile lady.

Kirsten nodded and responded, "I will, even when I'm not sleeping. How does that sound?" Jack's eyes were still sad but at least they sparkled and his smile seemed to reach his ears. Those words lightened up his weary heart. Because of that he can't keep his hands off her even more.