The Second Calamity

□□ Temporary comfort and consolation. It was not what she wanted, but it helped out at least. □□

Jack wasn't able to get a lot of sleep. He felt like a wreck all throughout the night. He heard Kirsten opened the curtain of her bunk bed, so he waited until she went inside the bathroom.

He slowly went out of his bed and walked towards the bathroom door. He leaned on the wall gently, trying to listen to the faint sounds from inside. He heard Kirsten sobbed in a restrained manner. Jack heard her snuff.

After a minute, the faint sounds of her grief turned into piercing silence. He wanted to knock the door and check up on her. But he did not want to startle her, so he waited patiently until he heard her flush the toilet.

Kirsten picked up the pregnant test kit and opened the bathroom door slowly so it won't make any noise. She peeked through the narrow opening.

Jack was standing on the other side like a ghost. He's not moving, but he was looking at her eyes. He noticed the pregnancy test on Kirsten's hand. She was holding it firmly, her hands covering the result area. He slowly took it from her, with a little force.

Kirsten's plan of keeping the results to herself failed in an instant. Her plans of keeping the child in order to protect what Jack has in his life, has failed immediately. She was really weak against Jack. A lot weaker with what happened to her.

He saw Kirsten's worried face. Her hands were shaking when he took the kit from her. When he got it, he kissed her gently in the head. He already knew by then that the result was positive. He can feel the tension around her. Her usual happy and bright appearance disappeared.

He looked at it, and then he closed his eyes and breath in deeply. He was right. His expectations did not failed him. Because as he tried to remember that night completely, he did not use any protection. He does not have the guts to say that he let that slip away, that his time with Kirsten was different wih all the one night stands he had before. He can't even say it to his bestfriends, especially Alex. He left everyone wondering, he lied to them.

He was confused on why he did that. It was like he skipped the most important part for nothing. He might be cheering up on Kirsten to spill the truth to her boyfriend, but he immediately understood why she had a hard time. He understood what Kirsten felt when she just stood frozen while talking to her boyrfriend. He can't even fathom the idea that his carelessness led to a big problem. As much as he wanted to break down himself, he can't. Not when Kirsten started to break down in front of him.

"I'm so sorry Jack! *sobs* I don't want this to happen.." she hugged him while crying discreetly. She was still trying to keep it to herself, trying not to wake up the others. He buried her head in his chest. Jack returned the favor and hugged her tight, and massaged her head. Even with the comfort that Kirsten received from Jack, she still felt stupid, weak and downright depressed.

That was one turning point in life that she never wanted. Quite ironic since she was fangirl in love with Jack. She was contented in having the chance to be with them, to be forever a small part of All Time Low. She will be known for being the best friend in "Oh Calamity" MV.

It was fun to be with them. She wanted that kind of experience, but not to the extent of getting pregnant; not to the extent of flipping his or her world upside down.

"I'm really sorry!" She's trying to form the words, but her voice seemed to be stuck somewhere. It did not came out as she wanted them to be. She's screaming inside her head, echoing the words "I'm sorry!"

Jack shook his head and walked towards the lounge couch without letting go of Kirsten's hug. He didn't know where to start, what to say or when to say that he actually saw it coming. He can't understand himself. He can't think of anything that would calm her down.