We play strangers

□□ "We treat you differently because you are now part of the family." □□

After that conversation with Kirsten's father, the bus became a little odd for them. It felt like the little moving castle lost its magic already. As much as she wanted to make the most out of her stay, she also felt awkward whenever Jack was around. She did not know how to deal with it - his promise to his father, but not to her. 

She felt like it was just a show, something that a responsible man should do - not what a Jack Barakat would do.

Kirsten was always trying to avoid conversations. She often plugged her ears with headphones and sat down on the small couch and looked out the window.

She was thinking about her life, planning it out on her own. Hum while on road trips and sing when the band was not around.

They would casually eat togeher and try to squeeze out a conversation. Jack would sit beside her just like her first week. They talked about random things, but they were never getting close to topics such as family, parenting, pregnancy or even about the things that happened the past few days.

Jack felt restrained because of Kirsten's actions. She was closing herself to everything.

"They say that love is forever! Your forever is all tha--"

One of her earplugs was taken out. Kirsten looked up and saw Alex. He was looking down at her with a little smirk on his face, in between of hiding it or trying to make it come out.

"I want to hear you sing our song again." he said as he sat down beside her. The couch was so small that he needed to push her a little, just to get his butt cheek on the couch. He placed his left arm on top of their seat.

Kirsten often sings with them when they feel like singing while on the road. She would often quote some of their lyrics or sing a song whenever Alex was exhausted already. She was a free jukebox machine, until she broke the plate.

He cleared his throat a lot of times before speaking out, "I want you to tell me what is bothering you."

He tilted his head down to look at Kirsten who almost rested on his chest because of his arm above her. Alex wanted to know, he wanted to help. Jack may act like nothing happened, but Alex knew every little thing about him. The tiny details, the small differences that came out each day.

Kirsten did not want to answer, but she doesn't want to be a little bitch. It was Alex! The front of All Time Low. Many girls will kill just to get his full attention. She was never in a position to turn him down. He was just waiting for Kirsten's response.

She can't even make up her mind of where to start. There were a lot of things that she stresses herself with.

Kirsten looked at him, and he was like 'Come on, tell me. I'm listening. I'll understand.' She has never seen Alex's eyes that close. They were really beautiful, no wonder many people were in love with him.

She couldn't help but smile at him and feel light about it. She did not feel any pressure, it was just Alex's sincere eyes that made her speak out.

"Well, there are a lot of things that we are not.. a match in.." Alex was still looking at her as she bit her lips. She was hoping her answer would be enough already, but Alex won't budge at all. He was still staring at her, still waiting for further explanation. He's not saying it but it showed clearly on his face.

"I mean he is someone and I'm not. I'm just a fan girl." Kirsten waved her hands  and Alex chuckled on her gestures.

"No redeeming qualities at all, except for that luckiest luck I had when you picked my video. And the rest is just, nothing.. I'm at loss.. for the right words.. I'm sorry." she continued. She scratched her head out of despair. Her mind was still a mess. She can't help but look at herself down and be a pessimist with everything.