Chapter 3: The Boys

Dwyer- 

Kenji and I  head out of the woods after talking to the young girl.  Selene.  The name fits her-  beautiful and mysterious.  As soon as  her eyes had met mine,  I knew she was some how connected with the visions I have been having.   And her eyes.... they were gorgeous.  They were a silver gray that reminded me of moonlight.  At first they seemed to ripple wildly, like water that had been disturbed by a thrown stone, but as she calmed, so had her eyes.  I think the movement of her eyes and her pain may have been connected with Kenji using his power some how.  I couldn't let her just run off but she had been clearly thinking of doing just that when we caught her watching us.  I tried my best to be as non threatening as possible and to get her to talk with us.  She didn't exactly talk to us, but at least she didn't run away from us.

    We had been sent to scout the area after a witness had said he saw  a stranger walking from the area.  In a town as small as this,  it was worth investigating.  We had been sent here to investigate a few deaths that didn't seem quite normal.  There were three healthy people that just seemed to die-  no wounds, no blood loss,  no illness, or heart attacks.  The Academy thought it could be a demon.  We showed up in the specified area and we did feel the residue of 'wrongness' so we then followed it to the spot near the shack.   There had definitely been a gate there sometime recently.  Kenji has the power to read objects and sometimes people.  When he touches the object , he can pick up on visions of its past,  feelings, intentions ect.  It doesn't always work , but that is what he was trying to do with the ground when we had both realized we were being watched by the girl.

"I think she may be like us," I say quietly to Kenji when we get to the car.

"There is definitely something about her.  I couldn't touch her to get a read of course, that would have made her even more nervous than she already was,  but I too think she could be like us in some way. It seemed like she reacted to me accessing my power.   If so, we  will we have to keep a close eye on her and eventually gain her trust so we can get her to The Academy.  She can't be left here alone, especially if demons are showing up in the area now.  It will not be long before they find her." 

    I nod my head.  "We will need to tell the other guys , but I don't think any of them should come with us tomorrow .  She seemed so skittish with just the two of us.  5 of us would totally freak her out.  We need to know more about her."

"I hope she comes tomorrow...."  Kenji doesn't sound to sure as he twists the steering wheel with his hands. 

"She will be there.  I know it,"

Kenji-

     Dwyer sounds so sure.  I wonder if he has seen her in one of his visions.  I know he has been having some recently.  He has been more spacey than usual.  None us of have pressed him about it- we know they can leave him really confused and unsettled.  He sometimes just needs some time to get them untangled.

" You have been having visions lately.  Is she connected?" I ask and he nods his head.

" I am worried about her.  We are strangers sure, but she was so nervous and didn't even want to look at us.  Our kind, we often have .... difficult lives.  Do you think someone could be hurting her?"  I couldn't help but ask.

    We all know that Owen, our team lead, had been abused when he was young.  There are quite a few Hunters that lived through the same or similar experiences.  Aiden is an orphan and neither Felix or I have close relationships with our families.   The thought of someone hurting her makes me angry.  Almost irrationally so.  I don't even know her , yet I need to protect her.  Yes, she is a little moon princess.  She is so pale, she seems to glow , and her hair and eyes... like shimmering silver. 

 "It seems like a possibility," Dwyer says.  It makes me feel better to see that he looks really upset by the idea too. 

Its a short chapter , I know, but I wanted to give just a few hints as to what may be going on and what the boys are thinking.  The majority of the story will be from Selene's point of view. At least, that is the plan. Hope you all like it. :)