Chapter 24: A visitor?

Didn't get around to making corrections on the last chapter yet , but I would rather move forward at this point....

 I wake up with a massive headache.  I go to open my eyes, but there is way to much sunlight in the room.  I quickly close them again and let out a groan.

  "Hey there sleeping beauty.  Your head hurt?"  Before I can muster the strength to say anything, I feel Felix move beside me and then hear the sound of blinds being lowered.  I try to open my eyes again, and even though it is darker,  there is still a little too much light sneaking in.  I close my eyes again and roll over to my side, trying to shield my face a little from the light.  My back presses into the back of the couch.  There is a dip, and then I feel Felix settle on the edge of the cushion, right next to my tummy.  One of his hands brushes the hair away from my face and his body blocks the remaining light that was bothering me.  I exhale in relief.   This time I am successful at opening my eyes. 

 I am aware of Owen walking towards us, a glass in one hand and the other hand cupped.

  "Ah, thanks- I was just going to get that," Felix mumbles to Owen. 

  As Owen gets closer to us, images from the recent battle flash through my memory. 

"Is everyone ok?"  I ask in a soft voice- 1, because any loud noise would probably split my head open right now, and 2, ... I am almost afraid to ask. 

  "Do not worry  Miss Selene.  Just minor injuries.  Mr. Adams is probably the worst, but even he just needs rest and some pain medication."  Owen's voice  is firm and sure.

  "Let's sit you up Poppet."  I don't even have a moment to appreciate the new nickname.  Felix gently starts to pull me up to a sitting position, but the movement makes my head feel like it is rolling.  Rolling heads.....  oh god!  Felix must have seen it coming because next thing I know, there is a bucket shoved in place just in time for everything in my stomach to come up and into it.   I can feel Felix's arm around my back, comforting, and Owen must have put the water and pills on the table beside us,  because his hands are now gently pulling my hair back and away from my face.  Even with these two gorgeous guys touching me,  all I can see are those demons-  their heads rolling around on the ground and the blood-  so much blood.   Mr. Adams limp body falling... the guys....

  "I was afraid we were going to need that,"  I hear Felix mumble.  "Its ok Selene.  Let it all out .  Good girl,"  he continues in a soothing manner. 

  "Kenji, bring me a cool wash cloth please."  Owen says, as I continue to sob.    At least the puking seems to be done....

 It is only a moment ,  and Kenji is standing there.   Owen has me swish some of the water out of the glass  he had and then I spit it into the bucket as well.    As Felix gets up taking the bucket away,  Owen kneels in front of me and starts wiping my face down with the cool, damp cloth.   The shock of it has my tears slowing.  His hands are so gentle and his eyes hold nothing but concern as he looks at me.  Why.....?  Do people really do this?...  Nobody has ever treated me like this before when I have been sick.  Isn't it disgusting?  How can any of them stand to be in the same room with me right now?    Owen hands the cloth back to Kenji and my eyes follow the younger boy as he quietly leaves the room.  My attention is brought back to Owen's face when I feel his fingers return to my cheeks and gently wipe some more tears away.   My face must have shown some of my confusion....

  "It is a perfectly natural reaction.  Nothing to be concerned about.  If the events of this morning didn't bother you ,  I would be a little worried,"  he tells me with his tiny little half smile making an appearance.  That wasn't actually what I was confused about,  but I let it be.  Felix walks back in room.