Chapter 8

I know I was not going insane. I never will be, because I'm going to escape. I saw a key on the little side table beside the couch. I stole it when no one was looking. I had no idea what it went too though. It doesn't matter. When Summer and I are home alone I'll try everything that's locked. She was right. She can't raise a baby here. I'm going to make sure that she won't have too. I waited until all the boys were gone. It was just me, and Summer.
"Ok Summer look. I have this key. I'm going to find what it unlocks, and we'll get out of here. Ok?", I told her.
She nodded. First I was going to try the door. The front one. If that didn't work, then the back one. If none of those worked, I'm going to try the windows. I walked over to the door and peered out the window on the door to make sure they were gone. They were. Good. I put the key in the hole and turned the key. This wasn't it. It didn't unlock. Ok ok no problem, I'll just try the back door. I put the key in that hole but, again, it didn't work. So I was going to try the window, when I was stopped by Summer.
"Wait! Let me see the key.", I handed her the key, "Try me and Doug's room. The window in there. This looks like it'll fit the lock."
I nodded and went in their room. I did not expect to see what I saw. The walls were all scratched up, as if someone had been scratching them. There were chains attached to the legs of the bed. On one of the walls, it looked as though Summer had been scratching in tallies. As if she was counting all the days she's been here. The floor even had some blood on it. It was disturbing. But I had to try their window. I did, and it unlocked. I was filled with glee. The window lifted up nice and easily. The roof over the deck was right below the window. I slid out and landed on the roof. This was the happiest moment of my life. I climbed down onto the deck, and into their lawn. I'm free, I thought, I'm finally free! I started running down the road, when I finally saw a car. I started waving at it for help. As it got closer, I saw Bonnie in the drivers seat. My heart dropped. I ran into one of the fields, hoping they wouldn't find me. But they did. In fact Bonnie came running into the field. He finally found me. When he did he punched me in the eye. Again with the black eye. I yelped out in pain. I tried running but he grabbed me, and put another needle into my neck. I started to run but I kept falling over. Soon I couldn't get up, but was trying to stay awake. But it was impossible. I fell right asleep...