#19 | Request

"Caelen, which one?" My best friend MacKenzie asked holding two dresses up in the air as I sat, cross legged, on my bed facing her. The first dress was a nice blue/green colour with golden sparkly straps that wrapped around the waist.

The second dress was black that was lowcut at the back and had a beautiful lace over the chest

The second dress was black that was lowcut at the back and had a beautiful lace over the chest. It had lace sleeves that sat at the elbows.

 It had lace sleeves that sat at the elbows

"Uh...Can I try them on?" I questioned more worried about the way they would fit. It was our middle school graduation dance and obviously Austin was going to be there.

"Of course. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in them." MacKenzie agreed handing me the first dress. I walked into the bathroom as MacKenzie waited in my bedroom. I locked the door behind me and held the dress beside me as I looked in the mirror admiring the beautiful dress. I sighed and hung the dress on the door knob. I removed my sweats that i had been wearing. I had made plans to skip this night and watch Disney films with a whole load of food. I slipped into the dress fixing the straps.

I stood in the mirrors view looking at the dress. It was short and something was stabbing my side. I walked to the door opening it to reveal MacKenzie looking at her phone. She looked up at me eyeing the dress.
"How does it feel?" MacKenzie asked standing up then placing her hands on the dress tugging and smoothing it out.
"Its stabbing me, here." I notified poking under my rib cage with my index finger.

"Ok, try this one on." I nodded and took the dress from MacKenzie's hand. I turned around and entered the bathroom a second time. I removed the dress, a groan escaping my lips. The stabbing pain was gone. I slipped the black dress on. As I pulled the straps up I walked into the mirrors view again. I stood there in awe. I looked so good in this dress.
"I love it!" I screamed pushing out of the bathroom door.

"OMG you look amazing! And I have the perfect shoes!" MacKenzie squealed pulling a shoe box out of nowhere. She opened the box revealing a pair of beautiful black ballet flats. I took them from her hands placing them on my bare feet.
"So pretty." I whispered admiring my outfit.
"Now its time for the Dance!" MacKenzie called.
"What about your outfit?" I asked looking at her ripped skinny jeans and cropped t-shirt.
"Oh, yeah were stopping at my house." She informed me with a smirk.

"I just forgot. Here!" MacKenzie continued handing me a black clutch.
"Thanks." I spoke taking the clutch and pushing my phone and a couple of dollars in it. Then suddenly I was pulled out the door and through my living room and out the front door. Outside my house sat MacKenzie's Mums car. I followed MacKenzie into the car.
"You look beautiful, Caelen." MacKenzie mother spoke driving to her house.

"Thank you." I spoke a blush creeping on to my cheeks. What about my hair and face? I looked at MacKenzie who had a smile on her face. I pointed to my face giving MacKenzie a 'What-about-this?' Face. She just gave me a toothy grin. Soon enough we were at MacKenzie's house. I followed MacKenzie and her mother into the house.

In the lounge room stood two professional hair and makeup artists.
"What?" I breathed as I was pulled into a seat. I looked at MacKenzie who had ran into her room to get changed. My hair had been bushed, pinned and tugged when MacKenzie walked into the room wearing a beautiful pastel pink dress paired with white ballet flats.

"You look like a princess." I commented watching as she walked over to the second seat.
"But your the queen!" She commented back.
"Im not your mother!" I laughed. She laughed as well. Finally my hair had been done and the artists swapped positions. Now it was my turn for the makeup.

After about 20 minuets, both MacKenzie and I were finished. We stood side by side in the mirror.
"Wow." I whispered still in awe.
"I know." MacKenzie agreed.
"Its time!" MacKenzie whispered to me. I nodded and we walked out the front door and into the car. The whole ride was full of laughter and nervousness. Then when made it. Year 9 graduation dance. We walked in together admiring everyone's outfits.

"Come on. Lets dance!" MacKenzie squealed pulling me to a table and placed our stuff on it. We walked over to the large crowd where the music played loudly. "One Dance" by Drake started to play. I danced to the beat enjoying myself when the song got interuppted by a familiar voice.

"Hi guys, I'm sorry to interrupt you but i would like to ask someone something. Im not sure if she's here yet but Im just gonna do it. So Ive liked this girl for a couple of years now and I wanna ask her out before its too late...Is Caelen here?" What! Austin, asking me out?
"Come on!" MacKenzie squealed pushing me through the crowd and into Austins view. I smiled shyly. He signaled for me to join him on the stage. I walked carefully up the stairs and onto the stage in front of everyone.
"Will you, Caelen, please be my girlfriend?" Austin asked pulling a red rose out from behind his back. Tears filled my eyes. I nodded taking the rose and hugging Austin.

I guess 5 years of waiting was worth it.

***********************************
Wow...944 words thats the longest imagine i ever written. This is dedicated to Caelen_Rachel. I had heaps of gun writing this one. I hope you liked it.

Thanks for reading.

😉 byeeeeeeeeeeeee