#26 | Beauty and The Beast

Beauty and The Beast
Words: 905
Song Inspired imagine

🍑
It was crowded for one thing. Fancy gowns and expensive perfume making its way around the glistening ballroom as men and women danced, their hands interlocked with each other. A sigh escaped my lips as my fingers smoothed down the yellow silk ball gown that hugged my body. My (h/c) curled and pinned, half up half laying against my shoulders. A shimmering yellow mask covered my face, hiding my identity. My hands carefully picked up the front of my dress as the yellow heels carried my feet into the large ballroom. Beautiful accents covered the walls, as did the people that cover the smooth cream floor. Classical music filled the air as ball gowns swayed with tuxedos. I slowly made my way through the crowd looking for no one in particular. Women swarmed around me, their beauty causing an uneven feeling in my stomach, a feeling of insecurity. I walked towards a balcony that sat away from the party. Step by step, people disappeared making the music filled my head more and more. The cool air hit my bare skin, hairs standing on end at the change of temperature. Stars filled the darkness that held itself above me, no fear of it falling.
"Belle?" A deep voice spoke from behind me. I carefully spun around. I was met with his beautiful (e/c), hidden under a brown, wolf like mask. A smile crept onto my face and I looked down at my dress, that resembled Belle from beauty and the beast, then back at the mystery man, who resembled as the beast.
"I guess that's me." I whispered, a slight chuckled in my words.
"May I have this dance?" His offering words lingering around the cool air, his hand held out towards me. I smiled, our fingers touching. Wave flowed from him and through my body, meeting my fast beating heart. He smiled back at me, his eyes crystal like. He then started to lead me back into the ballroom. It was like a fairytale, the crowd parted allowing us to be centre, dancing, as everyone watched. My heart sped up, fingers trembling.
"It's okay. Just follow me." His soothing voice spoke softly into my ear, his hand resting mine on his shoulder, as his found my waist. At first we were just a swaying to the music, then spinning, and before I knew it the mystery man had lifted me up in a spin. Our eyes locked, making me wonder who the hell this guy was? Still lost in his (e/c), he placed me back down. The song slowed to a stop then changed, allowing no time for applause. Carefully my arms rested on his shoulders, his eyes glittering into mine.
"Who are you?" I whispered, his smile widening. He started to think for a moment as the crowd around us continues to dance slowly, still I was mesmerised by his eyes.
"I haven't fallen in love with a girl, that has excepted who I am." He moved my hand away and kisses them both. He nodded and bowed before walking off into the crowd, leaving alone. I couldn't let him go, not after a moment like that. I hold my dress up I walk quickly, weaving through the crowd, trying not to lose him. He looks over his shoulder and smiles; like he was expecting me to follow him. He walked out into the nighttime air, I soon follow. I race down the marble stairs, as he disappears into the rose maze that stood before me.
"Playing hard to get." I mumbled to myself and walked into the maze. A turn left followed by other turns caused for multiple dead ends. Then finally I make it to the middle of the maze. A beautiful marble fountain sat as the centre piece with gold sparkling butterflies floated around me. I lifted my hand up as a butterfly perched on my finger, its black wings sparkled with gold. I smile in amazement as I flys off towards the inky coloured sky patterned with bight stars.
"I see I found you instead." The same voice spoke up. I twirl around to see the familiar (e/c) eyes, as he takes a rose off the maze walls, smelling it and sighing in delight. I slowly walked towards him.
"Tell me who you are?" I asked stepping closer as he holds us a finger telling me to stop.
"How about you?" He inquired, gesturing to the mask I slowly remove, revealing my face. His eyes widen in shock, as I feel that he doesn't like what he sees. Then a smile covers his lips.
"Your gorgeous, my Belle." My cheeks heat up at his words. My heart fluttering again. He takes a couple steps, making the space between us a couple feet shorter, slowly he removed his mask. His (e/c) eyes complemented his sharp yet soft facial features. My hand caresses his cheek as I sigh dreamily, pleased with what I saw. He offers the rose that was still in his hand, I accept and smell it. The sweet fragrance filling my senses, as I exhale deeply.
"Gorgeous, isn't it?" He brushes a fallen ringlet behind my ear, as my eyes find his once more. This might have been the biggest mistake, but I didn't care. Carefully I leaned into him, pressing my lips against his.

🍑