#31 | Request

"Come on, Bubby. We're going to be late." You walked over to the little brunette, her curly hair in 2 individual ponytails. Her brown eyes were glued to the television that day in front of her.

"Jace is coming to pick us up. Have you got your books?" You asked digging through your school bag, replacing her pencil case with yours.

"JC!" The young girl giggled, her hands pushing her off the carpet. You chuckled lightly as you grabbed her small lunch box from the kitchen bench.

"Then, your going to Ashley's house for dinner." You smiled down at the young girl. Rose was only 6. She looked nothing like you, her personality on the other hand was just like you. Intelligent and bright, a fast learner. She wore her large backpack, over her costume that looked just like yours, making her look smaller than she already was. She beamed a bright smile up at you, her arms wailing around. You picked her up, sliding her lunch box in her bag as you walked out with the house keys and your school bag along with you. Whilst juggling her, your bag and the house keys, you managed to lock the door and carry the child to Jace's car. He smiled at you as you placed Rose in the back seat, before closing her door and sitting in the passenger seat next to Jace. 

"Momma, are you to my halloween party at school?" Rose smiled. You looked at her through the riew view mirror.

"Of Rosie, But I cant be there for long." You smiled at her. You looked at Jace.

"You coming too?" Jace just smiled, parking his car into the school parking lot. You got out of the car, watching as Rose slipped out of her seat belt and jumped out of the car. She beamed a large smile as he ran to Jace, taking his hand in hers. You ahd known Jace since you started school, so it was no surprise that Rose saw him like the father she never had.

The three of you had made it to the classroom full of little children and their parents. You had always looked odd in this crowd. You were in your first year of collage and had a small child to look after. The teacher called for all the students to sit on the small carpet. The students went up one by one, explaining who they had dressed up as for halloween. Soon enough it was Rose's turn. She ran up to the front of the classroom, her smile blinding the room.

"So, Rose. Who have you dressed up as?" The teacher asked.

"I've dressed up as my Momma." She smiled looking at you. She wore a pair of black ripped jeans, a white shirt with a picture of a star on it, a flannel tee over the top of the shirt and a pair of Timberland boots. You wore almost the same outfit.

"Why did you dress up as your Mom?" The teacher asked, a hint of disgust in her eyes.

"Because she's a superhero."

"How's that?"

"She found me and my real Mom on the streets. My real Mom couldn't look after me anymore, so when my new Mom came past to give money to us, my real Mom asked my new Mom to look after me. My new Mom said yes and took me home. Now I'm here." Rose beamed, "My new Mom is a superhero cause she saved my life." The crowd plauded. You sprited to her and embraced her. Everything she had said was true. Tears fell from your eyes as you pulled away from her. Then she looked at the crowd.

"I want to say one last thing. Momma, JC wants to know if you'll be his girlfriend." Rose smiled looking at Jace. Your mouth formed an 'O' shape. You nodded furiously embracing Jace.

"So, when people tell you that superheroes dont exist, you can tell them that Mommies and Daddies are superheroes in a costume."

*********************************************************************************************

Sorry that is short. 

I hope you liked it Valencia0622

There should be more to come over the next week.