#30 | Request

The white glittery specks, of partially frozen water, fell from the frosty blue horizon. Multiple layers of warm clothing held my pale skin, creating a shield from the cool wind. I shuffled around, the campus now white with snow, not a person in sight. Last year, all the students would be running around, their laughter filling the silent atmosphere as white balls exploded into a power-like substance when making contact with a warm body. But today was different, it was just me, alone, walking with a warm drink in hand. The sparkling snow slowly strengthened, the leafless trees slowly building momentum when swaying. The isolated paths became whiter every minute. My partially cold feet left prints as I walked alone. I dropped my, now empty, cup into an ice-cold trash can. My nose became numb as the harmless snowflakes kissed my cheeks. I slowly exhaled, now barely seeing my breath as the snow picked up speed.  I looked around, the snow carefully swirling around. Soon I could only see a near foot length in front of me.

"CJ?! What are you doing? A blizzard is coming, you need to come inside!" Zander called. He couldn't be seen through the layers of falling snow. As I continued to walk a fast pair of feet grew louder. His voice was softer, "What are you doing?" I looked towards him. His dark eyes shining through the snow. My teeth chattered as I smiled. I lifted my left foot in an attempt to step closer to him when a siren sounded across the campus.

"THIS IS A SEVERE WEATHER WARNING. ALL STUDENTS ARE TO STAY INSIDE. THE HALL MONITORS WITH MARK OFF NAMES AND SUPPLY FOOD FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT. I REPEAT. THIS IS A SEVERE WEATHER WARNING. ALL STUDENTS ARE TO STAY INSIDE. HALL MONITORS WILL MARK NAMES OFF." 

Zander's warm hand gripped my hand and pulled me through the thick snow. He held his forearm against his fore head, trying to stop the snow from making contact with his sight. A crackling sound erupted from behind us as a loud bang blew wind at us. My head swung around to see the collapsed, bare cherry blossom tree, which we were previously standing under. The snow became stronger, like an attempt to keep us out. My legs began to weaken. I whispered Zander's name as I stumbled behind him. He looked back at me, noticing my slowing consciousness. He wrapped his arm around my back to keep me up right. We continued run towards the dorm door. The door swung open, students trying to hurry us up from a distance, allowing us into the warmth. The doors slammed closed, a muffled clutter outside the door. A pile of snow fell, keeping the door closed and everyone inside. 

A warm blanket hand been wrapped around me. Zander's hands now carrying me towards the fireplace in the dorm hall.  He didn't say anything as he held me close to his warm body.

"I'm so happy your safe. I don't know what I would have done with out," Zander whispered, his lips pressed against my forehead, "I love you."

*************************************************************************************************

I know this is quite short and that it took WAY too long to post, but its right here.

I used this story from one I wrote for a test at school.

This is dedicated to: colorful_joker

I hope you enjoyed it.