#41 | Request

Amnesia. That's all I heard. My heart beat filled my ears as I tried processing what had happened. He was coming to see me. He had something to say. But he never made it. He was hit. Another car. 

"I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do."

"So, he wont remember me?" I has asked, now looking into the silent room.

"That's correct, I'm sorry we tried all we could. He wont remember anything."

With that I stumbled into his room. A steady beat, tracking his heart rate, as mine stopped at the sight of him.

"Miss? We've salvaged as many items from the wreck that was still in one piece." A calm voice spoke. I turned on my heel, a young police woman stood at the door, a large bag in her hand. I forced a small smile, taking the bag from her hand.

Once she left, I sat down in a seat next to Zak's bed, going through the items that filled the large bag. My fingers brushed past a crumpled piece of paper sat in the bottom of the bag. Placing the bag down, I opened the piece of paper. Zak's inked handwriting covered the paper.

Piper,

There are no words to explain my growing love for you. i try not to show it, as i fear the rejection. Thus, the reason i asked you to come to this picnic with me. Something to show my admiration for you.

i'm writing this on the 10th, you should receive this on the 14th, Valentine's day. 

i do truly care for you and i know that when you date someone, its because you see potential. Hopefully, you see the potential in me when i ask you this question.

Piper, will you be my girlfriend?

Zak 

Tears coated my cheeks as my eyes skimmed over the words. My phone lit up, a game notification. I looked at the date; 14th of February, Valentines day. My eyes flicked up in reaction to Zak's small movements. I couldn't say yes, even if he did remember me, not anymore.

He had woken, but fell asleep. His weak body gaining energy to heal itself. My breathing became shallow as i watched his lifeless, pale body. The only colour on his limp body was his chapped lips, a light pink colour. Not as vibrant as it normally is, light enough for anyone to know that he was sick, let alone in a coma.

I waited a couple minutes before walking out of the room, the piece of paper escaping my fingers as I walked out. The small plastic box caught the paper, labelling it as rubbish, as useless.

I could see him anymore, he was gone. The Zak I knew was gone, for good, and there was nothing I could do to save the lingering love.

***********************************************************************************************

Something a little sadder than usual.

I'm planning on going over my old imagines and editing them.

This is for