Chapter 47

[ROMAN POV]

Kiran kept looking out the windows like a cat, I knew she was feeling a bit nervous about being stuck like this but there wasn't much I could do for her because we chose to keep our distance from each other. I rolled my seat back and tried resting my eyes for a bit until the tow truck came around. As soon as I closed my eyes, Kiran's attention was back on me.

"Roman, you're not going to sleep, are you?"

"No, I'm just trying to see what the inside of my eyelids look like..."

"You can hold the sarcasm....but can you seriously not go to sleep? I don't want to be the only one awake..."

"What do you want me to do? I'm tired as hell right now and this fucking car had to break down right now too. Just wake me up when the truck comes..."

"You can sleep when we get to the motel. It's not like I'm sharing rooms with you so you'll get some rest."

"You sure you still want a separate room? I'm not exactly sure what the nearby motel is like...and I won't be paying for a second room either."

"I didn't ask you to pay for me...I'm a grown-ass woman who can cover her own expenses."

Kiran was so cute whenever she tried to one-up me in an argument. I wasn't going to push her to room with me even though I would have much rather preferred it just so she wasn't alone in an unfamiliar place. I was too tired and sore to carry on talking so I just gave in.

"Well alright then, two rooms it is. But I still want to get some shut-eye now. Just wake me up when the truck is here." I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

A minute hadn't even passed by when Kiran started up again. I don't think I was going to get any sleep tonight at all.

"The truck's here!" She screamed in my ear.

We had to get out in the pouring rain as the mechanic hooked the car up on the tail and we got our stuff out and sat up in front. He dropped us off at the nearby motel and took the car to his shop. The motel was looking so dingy in the dark...not to mention a little creepy. We quickly ran into the lobby and got out of the rain. Our clothes were well soaked and clung to our bodies.

[KIRAN POV] This motel was not exactly what I expected it to be

[KIRAN POV]
This motel was not exactly what I expected it to be. It was almost like what you saw in the movies - dark and dull halls, random paintings on the walls, and an old guy working at the front desk. He looked like he was in his sixties, wearing a red vest over a tan plaid shirt with white disheveled hair. As soon as we stepped inside, he looked up from the newspaper he was reading and pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"How can I help you, young ones?" He asked in a monotous raspy voice. I nudged Roman and pushed him in front of me to talk.

"Hi...uh...our car just broke down not too far from here, and we didn't quite make it to our hotel so we just needed two rooms for—"