Two

***WARNING: abuse will be in this chapter. This is just for the story and I would never wish this harm on anyone.***

|Olivia|

"Good morning, lovely.😘"

I woke up to the same text every morning from Joseph. Every day of every week since we've met.

I found it sweet. When we met, something just sort of clicked with us. Other than Chloe, I was closest with Joseph.

He knew that I no longer had my mom, and I knew that his dad left his family at a young age. We knew a lot about eachother.

I sighed, finally coming out of my thoughts. I rolled over, replying to Joseph before getting out of bed.

I had quickly changed into an old FGL t-shirt and black leggings. I quickly went to the bathroom down the hall and did my daily routine before heading downstairs.

"Hey babygirl," dad smiled.

"Morning dad." I muttered.

He frowned as he noticed the bruise on my cheek. He pointed at it with the butter knife in his hand.

"Where did that come from?" He questioned.

I gently brought my hand to my cheek. I shrugged, "Just, some kid at school hit me. I'm fine."

He sighed but nodded, "Liv, do you think you could be okay with Amelia for a week? I'm going on a business trip."

"Can I come? Please!" I begged.

"I'm sorry, but you can't. Trust me, I would love to take you with me." He breathed out.

I nodded sadly, "It's fine. Where are you going?"

"Alaska." He replied, "Over the summer I'll take you somewhere. How does that sound?"

I shrugged, "Good. I guess."

~*~*~

I sat on the floor of my bedroom, my guitar in my lap and a notebook in front of me.

Amelia bursted into my room, looking at all of my posters. Mostly of bands. Luke Bryan, FGL, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, for KING & COUNTRY, Spencer Kane, and of course, my friend Jamie Grace.

I guess you could say I was obsessed with music, but so was my mom. It was one of the many things we did together.

"Your dad just left." Amelia muttered.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah. Thanks for letting me know."

"Stop back talking me. I am your mother!" She snapped.

I gritted my teeth and looked at her calmly, "You're not my mother, and you never will be."

***Warning! Feel free to skip over.***

Amelia snatched the guitar out of my hands and flung it against the wall, breaking its neck. She picked up my notebook and ripped up each page. When she was finished tearing my lyrics, she hit me harshly.

"Since I married your no-good father, I became your mother. Maybe I can raise you better than your own mother did!" Amelia screeched.

I whimpered and cowered down.

"Please don't hurt me," I mumbled, grabbing the only thing I had for protection. It was pathetic protection, but it was something.

I grabbed the pillow off my bed, shielding my torso and chest.

Once again, she snatched the pillow from my arms and began beating me with it.

"You're a worthless little brat. No one loves you. You're disgusting. Stupid. Fat. Ugly. I hate you!" She screamed.

She panted as she dropped the pillow and stormed out my room, slamming the door. I whimpered as she left.

***Warning over.***

After a few minutes of silence, I got up and quietly made my way to the bathroom. I shut and locked the door before turning to mirror.

Was I really all those things she said? No. No, I wasn't. She's not in her right mind. She's having one of her episodes. Surely.

"I am intelligent. I am beautiful. I am priceless. I am a child of God." I whispered to my reflection. I sighed, "Why is this happening, God? Please, just help me."

~*~*~

Around 6:30, I had snuck out. After Amelia's episode I really didn't want to be at home. Not without my dad, but he's gone for a week.

I walked around the park, quietly, enjoying the nature. I'd love to have guitar, but it was smashed.

"Hey kid," Joey waved, serveral feet away from me.

He had a younger woman next to him. I wanted to say she looked mexican, but I wasn't sure. Her skin had this beautiful tan and her dark hair was gorgeous.

I faked a smile as I approached him, "Hey northie."

"What are you doing out here, kiddo?" Joey asked.

I shrugged, "Just escaping home. My stepmom is in a mood."

"Hm." He nodded, "Anyway, this is my girlfriend, Jewel."

He motioned to the girl next to him.

I smiled, "Olivia, or Liv."

Jewel grinned, "It's nice to meet you."

"You too." I muttered, "I-uh, have to get home."

Joey and Jewel nodded as they waved. I turned around and began walking off. Why did I feel terrified of Jewel?

A/N

So, it's a short chapter, but a lot happened. It's most likely gonna happen again too.

Anyway! Vote and comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️