Eighteen

|Joey|

I grinned as Liv's eyes lit up. We had just entered NYC, and I think she was loving it already.

"You ready babe?" Jewel asked, wrapping her arm around me.

I smiled and kissed her cheek, "Yeah."

I carried my bag and Liv's as she hobbled on those crutches. Jewel stayed by my side as we trailed behind Chad and Fallon, whom were talking to Liv. I smiled a little when I heard Liv laugh at something Chad said.

I think she was coming out of her shell a bit, but I was still worried for her. I took a deep breath and quickly glanced up at the sky. God had a plan for everything. I had a feeling of something great.

"You're doing great, baby." Jewel complimented.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

Liv continued to laugh and talk. Even with what she's going through, I think she's trying to live life to the fullest. Even with her little moments.

"Even though I think she's scared of me, you both are doing great. From what you told me, I think she's doing better." She stated.

"Jewel, it's nothing against you. Trust me. Her stepmom abused her, she'll warm up." I reassured.

~*~*~

Liv, Jewel and I met the guys in the lobby of our hotel. It was late, but we were all hungry.

Liv kept Presley & AJ entertained while we waited for the rest of the group. Little Rowe slept peacefully in the carrier on Alan's chest. All of us were waiting just waiting on Chad and Fallon.

"I'm hungry." I whined.

Liv laughed, "We all are."

"I want Chickfila." I stated.

"Unfortunately Joe, they don't have Chickfila in New York." Alan smirked.

"Why not?" I pouted, "Chickfila's the best."

"I'm sure we'll find somewhere to eat, Joey. Hold your horses." Liv smiled.

"I don't have any horses." I replied cheekily.

She smirked, "Then hold your shoes. You have plenty of those."

Alan stepped in, making sure Rowe was still asleep before actually talking. He sighed, "Okay kids. Knock it off."

"Joey started it!" Liv whined.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. I scoffed, "Okay."

Caleb rolled his eyes as Kelsey and Brycie laughed. Jewel smiled and rested her hand against my upper back, then kissed my cheek.

"Daddy, what's taking uncle Chad and aunt Fallon so long?" Presley asked.

Alan laughed, "I don't know, sweetpea."

"Uncle Chad and aunt Fallon are right here!" Chad's voice boomed, putting me in a headlock.

I huffed, "I'm gonna keep working out. One day I will have you in my position."

Chad grinned, "Oh little buddy. You're too short."

Liv laughed, "Awh. You guys are adorable. Like brothers."

"Olivia Delaney, you're grounded even longer." I grumbled.

"I didn't do anything." She scoffed playfully, rolling her eyes.

She just gave me a grin while she stood there, leaning on her crutches. I huffed and sighed, patiently waiting for Chad to release me.

"C'mon, babe. Let Joey go." Fallon stated.

Chad groaned, "Do I have too?"

"Yes, Chad." Alan replied, "You have to be nice to Joey."

Chad whined, "But I don't wanna."

"Please Chad!" I begged.

Liv giggled, "I literally see it now. Alan's like the father of the group. Caleb's like the responsible older brother. Joey's obviously the little brother, and Chad's the middle kid who like to pick on the younger one."

"You are spot on." Jewel smirked.

"Babe," I whined.

Alan sighed, "Chadwick Matthew Graham, let go of Joey and be nice."

Chad grumbled, but let me go. I stood up straight, and popped my back. Whih felt amazing, especially after being in headlock by Chad.

"Can we go now?" Liv asked, "I'm actually hungry."

~*~*~

The group was laughing as we sat in the middle of a Steak n Shake. Liv and the three little ones were quiet as she kept them entertained.

However, I watched as she went quiet herself. She grew a giant grin and began to dig for her earbuds.

"Who is it, darling?" I asked.

"Joel & Moriah. Is it okay that I talk with them?" She replied.

I nodded, "Of course."

"Really?!" She grinned, "Thank you!"

She continued to scamble around, struggling to get her earbuds and answer the call on time.

Alan spoke up, "They seem like good people."

Chad nodded, "Yeah. They've got good music too."

"They seem really close with Liv, and supportive. I mean, if she was to get into music, she has us and them." I stated.

"And we all have music friends." Caleb started, "She'd have no problem getting into the music business."

Kelsey smiled, "It's up to her and God."

"We should have her open for us sometime. When, ya know, she isn't on crutches." Chad suggests.

"I'll talk to her," I nodded, "See what she says."

A/N

So, short little chapter, but I couldn't wait to upload this. For a while now, I've been wanting to visit NYC, but I live nowhere near New York. So, I have no idea what's there.

Anyway! Vote and comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️