Twenty One

|Olivia|

That next Saturday, Joey let me spend the day with Joel & Moriah. So, I sat with them while Joel was working at the studio with the band and Luke.

I watched as Joel and Luke left the recording box. Moriah tossed the two a bottle of water.

"Hey, Liv. You okay? You're spacing out, love." Luke asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm fine."

Joel sighed, "You can tell us anything, darling. You don't have to hold it in."

"I know. Don't worry. I'm fine, promise." I replied.

Luke sat next to me on the floor, crossing his long legs and placing his hand on my shoulder. He smiled, "We just care about you. I can't imagine what you're going through."

"I know. I really do. I'm fine. I just have thoughts runnig through my head." I stated.

"Like what, dear?" Joel asked, taking a seat.

I shrugged, "Just stuff. It's nothing bad. It's not depression."

"Joseph?" Moriah giggled, cocking an eyebrow.

I laughed and shook my head, "No. It's not him. Just what Joey said a few days."

"What'd he say?" Moriah asked, "Will you explain?"

"When we got back from New York, I was missing home. That night, he came into my room-"

"Did he do anything?" Luke asked suddenly.

"No!" I shook my head, "No. No. Joey wouldn't do that."

"Let her explain, Luke." Joel muttered, rolling his eyes.

"He prayed for me. He was crying for me, saying that he cared and everything. It was so overwhelming, and I just feel like a burden to him. He just turned 25, and he's raising a teenager." I sighed, finishing.

Moriah and Luke nodded, taking in the information. Joel, however, had a different look on his face. A smile pulled at his lips.

"Liv, maybe it's because he wants too. It's God's calling. He's probably using Joey for something bigger down the road." Joel stated.

I shrugged, "Possibly."

~*~*~

After they took me to dinner, they dropped me back off at Joey's house. He was out with the guys, so I was alone.

My crutches sat on the coffee table, with my sock-feet on top of them. My laptop in my lap.

I was just watching random videos, then I ended up clicking on Anthem Lights' videos. One song I picked up, hearing Joey sing it to me. Boomerang, and Just Fall.

I felt that both songs bad amazing power, just in the beat and the lyrics.

"Hey, Liv." Joey greeted, slamming his door.

"Hey." I muttered, changing the song.

He laughed, "You don't have to hide that. I don't care if you listen to our songs."

"What was that song you were talking about? That you covered." I asked, looking up to him.

He sat down next to me, "Jealous by Nick Jonas, and I did a Sam Smith mashup."

I nodded quickly, and typed in the first repsonse. After listening to song, I looked at Joey in disbelief.

"No!" I gasped, "You got hate for that? You're amazing!"

"Thank you, Liv. The fans didn't like me doing my covers. Eventually, it all stopped." He shrugged.

"Hey, Joey," I mumbled.

He looked down to me, "Yeah?"

"I think I want to be a musician." I stated.

"Are you sure? It's a lot, but I'll be supportive." He started.

"I'm sure." I nodded.

~*~*~

Joey took me to the office, and called the other guys, including Spencer, Joel & Luke. I couldn't believe that I was doing this, and I couldn't wait to call Jamie and Morgan. They'd be so excited! Especially Jamie.

Luke and Joel nearly attacked me in a hug as they entered. Scaring me half to death.

"Thank God you're okay. I thought something happened." Joel muttered.

I laughed, "I'm okay. Joey and I have a announcement."

All eyes landed on us. "Liv better say this,"

"I decided to be a musician." I grinned, "I just don't know how to start. I want y'alls help."

"Well," Alan started, "We should set you up a channel on YouTube."

Chad spoke up, "Then we can help you cover a song or write your own. You can use our studio."

"Woah. Woah. Not that I don't support Liv, but what about school?" Luke asked.

"I went to school while on tour. I could help." Spencer offered.

"Wait! Are we actually doing this?!" I exclaimed.

Joey nodded, "Yes. We're doing this."

I squealed, hugging the life out of Joey. Once I pulled back, I gasped, "I need my phone. I have to call Jamie!"

Caleb laughed and tossed me my phone, "Here ya go, Livie."

I caught it and unlocked it. I quickly scrolled through my contacts and found Jamie's number. Once it called, I placed it on speaker.

"Olivia!" Jamie screamed.

I laughed, "Hey, Jamie."

"Hey, girl!" Caleb yelled.

"Hey, Grimm!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Anyway! I've got news." I stated.

"Well, go on, girl." Jamie urged.

"With some help, I'm starting a career. You and Morgan up to help too?" I asked.

"What? No way! Olivia Delaney, are you serious?!" She exclaimed.

The guys laughed, including Joel & Luke.

Joey nodded, though Jamie couldn't see him, "She's serious Jamie,"

"We're all helping. You on board?" Luke questioned.

"Australians? Who are y'all?" Jamie asked.

"Joel, and my brother Luke." Joel laughed, "For King & Country."

"Ah! Hey! I'm Jamie, but you already knew that! Nice to meet y'all." Jamie giggled.

"I already have the song I want to cover in mind," I stated.

"What is it?" Jamie asked. The guys looked to me, waiting for me to answer.

"My mom's favorite country song, Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band." I answered.

A/N

Whoop! We're getting somewhere. Now, all the songs mentioned in the chapter, y'all should listen too. Especially Joey's solos, because I need more of his solos.

Oh! Y'all I changed the cover of the book. Hope y'all like it.

Anyway! Hopefully a new chapter will be up over the weekend. Vote & comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx✌🏼️😘