Twenty

|Olivia|

Just a couple of days later, we were walking around Manhattan. Mainly exploring. It was different. A good different.

Walking in Manhattan with crutches was rather difficult. People constantly pushing others, not to mention New York was overly crowded.

"Hey!" Joey shouted, "We're up on the lights."

Joey pointed at the lighted bilboards. Sure enough, they were up there. From what Joey has told me, the picture was of his first album with the band. The "You Have My Heart" album.

I smiled, "Stand in front of it. I'll take a picture." I offered.

First it was just the guys. Then their wives, and Joey's girlfriend got in it, along with the three girls.

Joey scoffed as the the little ones got in. "Liv, get over here. You're family too!"

"It's fine. I'll take the picture." I declined.

Alan gave me a look, "No. Olivia, get over here. You're family to all of us."

I sighed and politely asked a New Yorker to take a picture of us. One accepted and I hobbled over, taking a spot next to Alan.

The New Yorker had taken the picture, then I hobbled back over, taking my phone back. I quickly went through the photos and sent them to the guys.

~*~*~

Within our last days in New York, the band played on "good day New York", and preformed at Nick Cannon Rocks Time Square, we were on our way home. Back to Nashville.

I sighed as we approached Joey's house, with Jewel. Apparently she was staying with Joey for a few more days before going home.

Joey glanced at me through his rear view mirror. He laughed, "What? Am I boring?"

I shook my head, "No. I like traveling, then it makes me miss home."

"Home as in Georgia home?" He asked.

I simply nodded, "Yeah. I miss my mom"

He gave me a sympathetic smile, "Maybe I can take you down there some weekend. I can try."

I shrugged, "You don't have too."

"Liv," he started.

I didn't give him time to finish before I started getting out. I sighed, "I'll get my bags later. I just need some time."

Jewel gave a sad smile at Joey and gently rubbed his arm. "She'll be okay. Talk to her later."

"Here, Liv." Joey shouted, carefully tossing me his keys. I gave a small nod as a thank you and unlocked the door.

I left his keys on the table, then shut the door. I stumbled to my room. Just the plain white room.

I threw the crutches on the made bed and slid down the door onto the floor. I was just overwhelmed with everything. Still trying to cope.

People always said losing a parent could be the most stressful part of a teenager's life. What about losing all family? On top of school, and trying to adapt living in a new place with new people?

"God, I know it's been a while, but I really need you. Please help me, send me something. I need strength, to get through this. At least show me that you can hear me, or that you're still here. I just need your healing and help. I don't know anymore. I just feel like a waste of space at the moment. Please." I whispered.

~*~*~

I laid in bed, in the dark. Somehow, it fir my mood perfectly.

I heard my door creaking open slightly. Then I heard two set of footsteps.

"Man, I just want to help her." Joey whispered. I guess they thought that I was still asleep.

"You are. You have to give it time, babe." Jewel replied.

"I don't know what to do. She told me the other day that she felt like a burden. She told me things that her stepmom called her. She's none of those things. If I knew what to do, I'd pull her out this depression. It hurts me to see her hurt. I've only known her for a little while, but she's like my little sister." He explained, sighing.

"Joey, just pray for her. That will help the most. God is on her side." Jewel reassured.

Soon enough, the creaking of the floor sounded. Then his hands pressed on the mattress. I guess he kneeled on the floor. Carefully, he laid his hands on my back.

"God, I pray that your keep Liv safe. I know you have a plan for her, and for all of us. Just guide us in your path. I'm putting all my faith on you, Lord. Help me show that she's loved. That she's strong, especially when she has the power of you in heart. In your name, Amen." He whispered.

"Amen," Jewel mumbled.

He sniffled, "Olivia, please know that I care about you. You're not a burden whatsoever." He sighed, then began to sing, "I know your heart has had enough. You've hit the wall, but you still try to be tough. You swear nobody understands this hell you're going through. The nightmare that's coming true. You tell your friends that you're okay, but that light inside of you is starting to fade. You barely recognize yourself. You're lost and so afraid. You don't have to be so brave."

I bit my lip, stopping the tears that wanted to come. I wanted to cry, to scream, to hug the life out of him. Maybe Joey was the angel that God sent.

A/N

Whoop! Another chapter, and an emotional one at that. Okay. Here's a little confession.

Over a year ago, I lost one of my closest uncles, then a good friend's mom. This song, above, boomerang, helped me so much. It helped me realize that I am stronger, and helped me start a new relationship with God.

Whew. Anyway, vote and comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️