Fifteen

🎃 October 🎃

|Olivia|

Finally, I went back to school. Actually, today was my first day.

I hobbled to my locker, surprised to see my friends there. I guess my locker was still the normal meeting place.

Alex and Chloe simply stared at me as I approached. Joseph's jaw dropped.

"Woah. What happened to you?" Alex asked.

I looked down, my bright blue cast sticking out. I shrugged, "I fell?"

"No. I'm not talking about that. You sick, girl." He stated.

I scoffed, "Happens when I can't sleep."

A couple of people passed, laughing and snickering to themselves. One girl smirked at me, "Oh. Look. Orphan girl is back."

A boy snickered, "Man. I'm surprised you didn't die in the fire."

Alex stood up, "Keep walking. Leave her alone." He snapped.

The girl laughed, "Oh. She can't defend herself?"

I huffed, and readjusted my bag. Then started off to class. I didn't need this.

Thankfully, I had gotten used to the crutches, and I could move faster. I kept passing people, and they continued to stare.

I tried to not let it bother me.

They didn't know me. So why should I let it to me? They're just a bunch of kids.

I entered my math class. My teacher looked up at me, surprised. It was still quite early. She gave me a solemn look.

"Ms. Hayes, it's nice to see you again." She smiled.

"Yeah." I muttered, hobbling to my seat.

~*~*~

Joseph came back with my lunch. It was just a pizza slice, but he was nice enough to get it for me.

"So, how's everything been?" Joseph asked, sitting down.

"Fine, I guess." I shrugged, "Okay, but depressing at times."

"I, uh, heard you're living with a Joey? I don't know, I went to Joel to see if you were with him." He stated.

"Yeah. He's a friend, and he offered to take me in." I nodded.

I heard more laughter and snickers and whispers behind me. I couldn't really make any of it out.

I looked down as Joseph locked our fingers. He leaned next to me and whispered in my ear, "Ignore 'em, babygirl."

"Hey! Crippled." Someone called out.

I did as Joseph suggested, and I tried to ignore them. They kept going on, but I kept trying. Finally, Alex and Chloe sat down. She looked around the lunch room with a lool of disgust and a scowl.

I gasped as I felt my chair being pulled out, then my hair being grabbed.

It was like everything with Amelia came back.