Twenty Eight

|Olivia|

Joey, Donald and I finally left for Ohio, and got at their parents house late last night. I was so excited, and I was warming up to Donald. He was a pretty cool guy.

"Liv! Come down here!" Joey called.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I left the room, that was once Joey's. Their mom had Joey and Donald sharing Donald's old room, so I was by myself.

I ran down the stairs, seeing Joel and Luke with their family on the TV.

"Hey, Love." Joel grinned, "Happy Thanksgiving."

"Thanks! You too!" I smiled.

"Hey, Liv. Wanna show them what we've been working on?" Joey asked, referring to the piano in the room.

"Yes!" I nodded, I turned back to Joel and Luke, "I think y'all like this."

Donald smiled, "Hold on. Let me get my guitar."

And with that Donald sprinted up the stairs. Then came back down minutes later. I sat down next to Joey as he did on the piano bench.

Together, Joey and Donald played the first notes of Light It Up. Instantly, Joel and Luke smiled. Joey gave a small laugh and continued.

I bit my lip before starting.

"Sunset stole the light, The color in your eyes, And everything in sight, Was lost in the wind. You lost us in the wind. Light it up and let it go. Don't you see that you are not alone? Light it up and watch it fly. 'Cause you could go anywhere you want tonight. Light it up, light it up.Light it up, light it up." {Like Video Above👆🏻}

I finished, Joel and Luke looked surprised, impressed. I heard as their entire family began to applaud, along with Jeannie and Herb. Donald laughed, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Wow." Luke muttered.

"I think you reached Luke's pitch." Joel laughed.

"I'm sure that you out-did us on that one." Luke stated.

Joey smiled, "We were working on it all week."

"That was amazing!" Courtney shouted.

"Thank you. I'm thinking about using it as my next cover. That is; if it's okay with you guys." I replied.

"Yeah." Joel nodded, "That's more than okay. When you get back, we'll have lawyers give you the permission. You're going to be big one day, darling."

~*~*~

After a little while, Joel and Luke had to go and spend time with family. I got to talk to Jamie and Morgan for a few minutes too.

Then I had to get off. Jeannie had finished the dinner, and we all sat down. We joined hands as Herb prayed and blessed the food.

The family laughed and talked. They even mentioned another guy, who I was guessing was Joey's other older brother. Apparently he was with his wife's family.

"So, how's the first song going?" Jeannie asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. It should be going up soon. I think Alan said he was uploading it to my channel and Anthem Lights'."

"What song did you do?" Herb asked.

"Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band. It was my mom's favorite, so I did it for her." I answered.

Nobody got a word in before my phone went off uncontrollably. I quickly sat my phone on the table, and unlocked it to the notifications screen.

A mention from Twitter and Instagram, a video notification from Anthem Lights' YouTube channel. Then hundreds of followers on Twitter and Instagram. A bunch of subscribers on YouTube.

Joey leaned over and laughed, "Looks like we've got a rising star."

Donald grinned, "Hey! Now that's definitely something to celebrate."

"Come on," I sighed, "It's just a few followers. It's not that big of a deal."

"Who knows? Maybe you can be bigger than what's her name– Beyoncé." Jeannie smiled.

"I doubt it. I'm just some kid that has a dream." I shrugged.

"So was Joey, and look where's he at. Two original albums, more of covers. Millions of fans, and thousands of shows." Herb stated.

"Even Beyoncé was a kid with a dream." Joey replied, eating mashed potatoes.

"Are you kidding? I have students coming into my studio, wanting to be dancers. Then they get on Dancing With The Stars.  It all starts with a dream." Donald smiled.

I looked down as my phone went off one more time. Only this time; it was a text, from Spencer.

Spencer:
Hey, congrats babe on the hit. You're on your way, beautiful.😘❤️

"Who is it?" Jeannie asked.

"Oh. Um. It's Spencer." I answered.

Olivia:
Thanks Spencer. I'll be up there soon!😉☺️

"Did he watch it?" Joey asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. I think so."

~*~*~

After dinner, and settling down, I went onto Twitter. Then Instagram, doing a small following spree on both platforms. Also replying to comments on my video.

A lot of them were nice, and I was surprised. It had been up for a few hours, and had multiple views, but mainly on the band's channel.

"Wow." I mumbled.

Joey laughed, "Liking the response."

"I'm so amazed. The things your fans are saying." I stated.

"A lot them are super nice, and say a lot of good things." He smiled, "You'll get up there. I have faith in you, and apparently so do the fans."

"Chloe said that she was my first fan." I smiled.

"My mom was mine. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where I am now." He stated, patting my shoulder. "I bet your parents are proud. I know I am."

I grinned, "Thank you, Joey."

He smiled and stood up. He gently kissed my forehead.

"Alright. We'll do more of this tomorrow, but we need to head to bed."  He nodded.

"Okay. Goodnight, Joey." I whispered.

"Goodnight, Liv."

A/N

Whoop! Another chapter in! Now, I'm really excited for the next chapter, and has a ton of news for this book that I have been dying to write.

So, Vote and comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏻️