Three

|Olivia|

Monday came quickly and I dreaded it, as always. I just always felt odd at this new school.

Joseph smiled and kissed my cheek, "Hey babygirl."

I blushed, "Hey Joseph."

"So, uh, I was thinking maybe we could hang out. After school. I mean— if you're not busy." He stumbled.

"I would love too, but my stepmom won't let me leave the house. Maybe you could come over." I shrugged.

He nodded, "Sure."

Alex walked past with Chole on his arm. He slapped Joseph's shoulder and grinned.

"Get you some brother!" Alex exclaimed.

Joseph groaned, "I'm not trying to get into her pants, you loser."

Alex snickered, "Oh, right. You've never kissed anyone,"

Joseph bit his lip, refraining from saying anything.

I sighed, "Boys. Knock it off."

Chloe giggled, "Give him his first kiss."

"No, Chloe." I muttered.

~*~*~

Joseph stood in my room, looking at all the posters I had and the pictures hanging up. Posters of bands, and pictures of my family.

"Have you met all these people?" Joseph asked.

I nodded, "Multiple times. Except Spencer Kane."

"I've never really listened to these guys. You know? Except of for KING & COUNTRY." He shrugged.

"They actually live here in Nashville. Luke has two adorable little boys. They're great people." I smiled.

"I bet. My mom can't really afford to take me to concerts." He mumbled.

"Maybe I could take you to one." I shrugged.

"Maybe." He mumbled.

I sat on the edge of my bed, hoping Joseph would sit next to me. Luckily, he did. I smiled as he sat there quietly.

"So. I wanna know more about you." I stated.

"Well, you know that my dad left when Alex & I were four. I don't really know why, but now, he has two other kids." Joseph started.

"Could it be because he wasn't ready? Maybe now he is," I suggested.

He shrugged, "I don't know. I really love drawing, and I'm working towards medical school."

I smiled, "You'll get there. I know you will."

Joseph gave a slight and a small smile. He nodded, "You're the only person who actually has complete faith in me."

"Faith is all you need. It will take wherever you want to go." I grinned.

He shook his head, "Is it bad that I want to kiss you right now?"

I frowned, "Wouldn't you like to save it? For that special girl."

"You don't like me the way I do. Do you?" He questioned.

"It's not that I don't like you," I sighed, "I'm not that special. I'm just some girl from Georgia."

Joseph smiled, "Of course, you're special. Liv, you're so different than every other girl. You shine with this love of God. It's amazing."

~*~*~

Chloe stood at my locker that next morning by herself. She gave an angry look. She pushed herself off the lockers as I came over.

"So," she started, "I heard you refused to kiss Joseph. Is that true?"

I nodded, "Yes. He should save it for someone special. I wish I did."

"If you've already had your first kiss, then why didn't you kiss him?" Chloe questioned.

I grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut. I glared at her, huffing, "Because. I shouldn't have to justify why I didn't kiss someone!"

Alex came over, kissing Chloe's cheek. She sighed, "Where's Joseph?"

Alex glared at me as well. He shook his head, "At home. He told mom that he wasn't feeling well."

"Hope he gets better." I muttered.

"He's upset." Alex spat, "He liked you, a lot. You just rejected him."

"I still like him, Alex. Okay? I had my reasons." I sighed.

I began to walk off. Alex grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, shoving me against the lockers. He slammed his fists against the lockers beside me.

He scowled, "What reasons were those? If you like him, then tell him."

"Let me go, Alex." I demanded.

"Not until you tell me!" He snapped.

"I've already kissed someone, and he should wait for someone special. That's why! His first kiss should be with someone who's never had they're first kiss." I explained.

"Whatever," he scoffed.

We let go and walked off in the opposite direction. I shook ny head as I walked to math. Everyone stared at me.

Donna came up, "What was that about?"

I sighed, "Just Alex being protective."

"Joseph?" She questioned.

I nodded, "Joseph and I are having problems. It doesn't matter."

She grinned, "So, he's still single?"

"Yes, Donna." I grumbled.

Of course she wanted him. What girl didn't? I knew Donna. She'd hurt him. She'd fool around, date him for a week then dump him. She's done it with half the guys in our school.

"Great!" She cheered.

I scoffed as we entered math class. I wasn't wanting to deal with her, or anybody for that matter.

A/N

Wah! I did want this published earlier in the week. This is my first week of school, so I'm dealing with that. I'll try to update this book and my others really soon.

Vote and comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️