Chapter 20

My jaw dropped as Shannon and David turned their heads and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Holy shit." David said.

"Blake?" Shannon said.

In that moment all I could do was sit there in shock. I wasn't ready for this! I tried to say something but I couldn't make any words. 

"I'll leave you guys alone." The doctor said as she walked out of the room.

We sat there for another five minutes until I finally managed to say something.

"Charles."

Shannon and David both slowly nodded their heads as I joined in with the slow head nod.

The doctor came in as we were all slowly nodding our heads. She gave us a confused look before  disregarding it.

"You may leave whenever you want."

"Thank you." I said quietly.

An hour later David and I were in the backseat again while Shannon drove to my hotel room in silence.

Once we got there, we all sat down in the small sitting area of my suite and looked at each other.  Shannon finally broke the silence.

"S-so, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to keep it." I said.

I didn't know that that was what I was going to say, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

"And I'm going to tell Charles."

"When?" David asked me.

"Now, I guess."

"Do you want a drive?" Shannon asked.

"Yes please"

We all piled into her car again and drove to where I used to live.

Once I got out I told them they could leave because it could take a while. They both smiled at me and wished me luck.

I slowly walked up to the deck and hesitantly knocked on the door. 

Charles answered the door in a suit. He must've just gotten home from work.

"Blake, are you okay?" He asked

"Can I come in?" I said, disregarding his question.

"Sure." he said confusedly, opening the door.

I walked over to the couch and sat down as he closed the door and followed me.

He sat down next to me and faced me.

"Are you okay?" he asked again

"I mean, I guess so." I said, laughing at myself.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Blake?" he asked in a concerned tone.