Chapter 31

The work day went on as usual, and all day I was really happy to be back to work.

By the time that I got home, I was completely exhausted. I dropped my bag on the ground and flopped down on the couch and closed my eyes.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Shannon?" I said groggily.

"Blake, we need you down at the office right now. It's an emergency."

I groaned and sat up.

"Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes."

I went into the bedroom looking for Charles, but instead found an empty bed.

I checked to see if his car was in the driveway, but found the driveway as empty as the bedroom.

I texted the company's driver to come pick me up and then texted Charles to find out where he was. I got a reply from the driver, but no reply from Charles.

A few minutes later I arrived at the office. I took the elevator up to the top floor and stared at my phone on the way up, nervously waiting for a reply from Charles.

The elevator dinged, signalling that I was on the top floor.

I walked in and my eyes widened as I looked around.

The office was dimly lit by candles that were randomly placed. There were red and white rose petals that made a trail to the staircase.

I followed the trial to the staircase and gawked at the railings that were covered in roses. I carefully stepped up the staircase and looked around to see Charles standing in a suit. He smiled at me as I looked around confusedly.

"What is going on?" I said quietly.

He walked over to me and placed a long kiss on my lips. It was the kind of kiss that would leave you thinking about it for hours, smiling to yourself.

He pulled away with the same grin and took a deep breath.

"What is-"

I was interrupted when he got down on one knee and pulled out a small black box from his pocket.

My eyes widened in shock as he opened the box, revealing a shimmering rose gold ring with a gorgeous diamond placed in the centre.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

My heart was beating a million times per minute as he started speaking. With every word I felt my love for him growing stronger and stronger, even when I thought I couldn't love him anymore than I already did.

"Blake, I love you more than anything in this world, and I want to be able to love you forever. I want to be able to love you until we're both old and I'm all wrinkly- you won't be wrinkly because you've found the fountain of youth or something and are absolutely perfect."

My eyes started filling with tears and I let out a small laugh.

"You've stuck with me when I was at my worst, and for that I thank you. You make my life so much better. You make me so incredibly happy. I'm madly in love with you, and I never want to be without you. Blake Rose, will you marry me?"

Happy tears were rolling down my cheeks and my jaw hurt from smiling so wide.

I knew that the man that stood in front of me was the one I wanted to be with forever. I knew he was the one I wanted to wake up with every morning. I knew he was the one that I wanted to raise my child with. He was the one I wanted to see smiling at me from the end of the aisle as I wore an excessively long wedding dress. I knew he was the one that I wanted to call my husband.

"Yes. Yes yes yes." I said through tears and a wide smile.

He smiled a me and I watched as he placed the beautiful ring on my ring finger.

He stood up and kissed me. I kissed back and broke the kiss to smile.

"I love you so much." I told him, our lips inches away from each others and foreheads pressed together.

"I love you too Blake." He replied.

WHATWHATWHATWHAT A PROPOSAL???? I'M SO EXCITED!!!! This chapter was really fun to write and I tried to make it as meaningful as possible, even though I'm not very deep haha. I tried really hard so I hope you guys like this chapter! Oh and since this is a special chapter you should tell me how you feel about the cake proposal! (Yes cake is the ship name I apologize for the cheesiness but I love it)

Anyways, I'd love to see your comments and make sure to vote!!!