Chapter 35

"Don't panic dear, it's not good for the baby." My mother said as I paced the waiting room.

"Don't panic? How could I not panic!" I replied.

"Just sit down Blake, the others will be back soon."  My mother said as she led me to a chair and sat me down.

Shannon an David had gone to book a hotel room while Dad and Charles went to get an update on my brother.

I sat there in silence for a few moments until I looked up at my mother.

"What if he's not going to be okay?" I asked.

She looked at me and shook her head.

"All we can do is hope for the best." She said, placing a kiss on my head and shushing me comfortingly as a few tears rolled down my cheeks.

A few tears turned into a waterfall of crying, and by the time Charles got back I must've looked awful.

Without saying anything, he took a seat by me and wrapped his arms around me as I continued to cry. 

Eventually, my eyes felt heavy and I heard Charles say that I should get some sleep. 

I nodded slightly and closed my eyes.

"Babe" A soft voice said.

My eyes fluttered open and were met with the bright fluorescent lights of the waiting room.

"Ben is awake."

I shot up from the seat were I was laying and faced Charles.

"Is he okay?" I said quickly.

He nodded with a smile and took my hand, leading me to a room.

I entered the room and glanced over the familiar faces.

My parents and Shannon and David were all sitting around a hospital bed. My gaze drifted to my brother.

He had a few scratches on his face and a cast on his leg.

I ran over to him and gave him a gentle hug, being careful to not hurt him.

"You scared the shit out of me." I said.

"Blake!" 

"Sorry mom." I replied and kissed Ben on the cheek, as he cracked a smile.

"I had surgery, does this make me a badass?" He asked.

"Of course." I replied with a laugh.

"What happened anyway?" I asked.

"I was hit by an idiot in a car trying to cross the crosswalk."

I looked up to Charles and he looked back at me, nodding.

"Like sister, like brother."

"Good morning Bennyboo!" I cheered as I entered his hospital room.

He cocked an eyebrow at me and rolled his eyes.

"You're very pregnant." He stated, looking at my belly and then looking back up at me.

"No shit!" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes and letting out a small laugh.

He had been in the hospital for a week now and I was with him everyday.

Shannon and David drove back with Charles while he packed up some more clothes at the house and drove back the next day, leaving Shannon and David at home.

We spent the days with Charles and I playing board games with Ben and watching movies in his hospital room while my parents were at work.

At night, we had 'family dinners' In which my Dad and I raided the hospital vending machines and brought it back to the room.

The whole time, Ben was so strong and even though he hurt sometimes, he never stopped making jokes and smiling.

"Don't get hit by another car." I said to him as I kissed his forehead goodbye.

"Same goes for you." He said with a chuckle.

Another week had passed, and we were saying our goodbyes before we had to drive back home.

Ben was able to get out of bed and with the help of a wheel chair, wander the hospital as he pleased.

I hugged both my parents and so did Charles.

A few minutes later we were loaded into the car.

I rested my head on the headrest and listened to the soft music playing on the radio while Charles drove.

He kept one hand on the steering wheel as he took my hand in the other.

I gave him a small smile and closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep when I suddenly opened my eyes and sat up straight.

"What's wrong babe?" Charles asked with a concerned look on his face.

"You need to turn this car around."

"What? Why?"

"I think I'm in labor."

ALRIGHTY! PREPARE FOR AN AUTHOR'S MESSAGE BECUASE WE HIT 1K READS!!!!

YOU GUYS. HOLY MOLY. I'm so incredibly grateful to every single one of you who has taken the time to read the story so far, and has stuck with me. Y'all are the best. 

When I first started writing this, I never ever thought it would even hit 20 reads, but WOW. Thank you guys so much. 

Thank you so much for helping and supporting me to reach this milestone, and hopefully it's not the last milestone? Maybe? Possibly? WHO KNOWS!!!!

Anyways, I can't thank you enough. From the ones who have been there since I posted the first chapter, to the ones who just started reading yesterday: I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH!

Your comments and reads and votes mean so much to me and make me so happy, especially since I just recently went through my first breakup, and it SUCKED but I SURVIVED!

Anyways, Thank you again and make sure to vote and COMMENT because I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS no matter what they are. Literally comment the most random thing and it'll make my week.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

-Grace