Chapter 3

*Okay, here is the last chapter for the day. It's currently 11PM where I live. I can't believe the amount that I've posted in my first day of being an official wattpad writer! Lol. 41 reads! I didn't expect that. :) 

The next morning after Church I locked myself in my bedroom and facetimed Alex for a bit. It was really sweet of him, actually. Kirst must have talked to him about how she'll be going away so he was trying to keep me company. She went to go spend the rest of her summer at a lake house, which I envied since my family decided that this summer we won't be taking any vacations so I can focus on my studies. Yes, home schoolers can still have school during the summer since we work on our own time. It's a blessing and a curse because now I'm always ahead of my grade, but I also don't get much of a break.

"Mitcho, you're it again..."

We were mid-conversation when I got distracted but I was pulled out of my thoughts. "Wait, what?"

"I said... 'So did you make up your mind about Choir?'"

"Oh sorry, I spaced out."

"I know..." He giggled. "It was kind of adorable, you were just staring into nothing and biting your nails."

"My mom will kill me when she finds out I've been biting my nails."

"No she won't, you know she loves you. Now spill the tea! did you ask your mom about choir?"

"I will tonight. It's casserole night and I'm going to help her cook to earn a few brownie points."

He laughed at that. "You know, I'm really proud of you Mitch. You're trying to take care of yourself and I think you're really brave for doing so."

Brave? That's a far cry from the truth. I can't even face my own best friend and tell him I'm gay. Or can I? Maybe now is my chance...

"Hey Alex, I need to tell you something. I hope you'll accept me... Kirstie knows already and she was perfectly fine with it. I told her like three years ago so... Yeah, she's gotten used to it."

"Hmm... Mitchell Grassi is coming out to me over FaceTime? Well I guess I should let you know that I'm gay too! See? It's not a big deal. I didn't even have to tell my family, they already knew."

That was easy. "Wow, you're lucky. I told my mom a few weeks ago on my birthday but you know I can't tell my dad."

"Why can't you tell your dad?"

"Really?! Why can't I tell Mr. 'Don't go anywhere near Alexander' Grassi??? Are you kidding me, Al?"

"Okay! Sorry, sorry. I was just wondering." I sighed and he scratched the top of his head. "Hey, Mitch?"

"Yeah?"

"I really, REALLY hope they let you do choir."

"Me too..."

And then he just smiled at me. I couldn't resist so I smiled back. "What, Alex?"

"Wait- What?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I laugh.

"I haven't seen you lately and I miss you. You always hang out with Kirstie but not with me..."

"Fear not, Al. You'll be seeing a lot more of me when I join choir!"

--

I chickened out and didn't ask my parents about Choir during dinner. Instead I opted for the easiest option; waiting until Monday morning when Mike was at work.

I knocked on moms room door. "Mommy?"

"Come in! I'm holding on a phone call. What do you need sweetie?"

"I... Um. I want to take choir at Martin. With Kirstie and my other friends. Can I please? Since dad won't let me do drama I thought since I already do choir in church I can do it at Martin?"

She smiled at me. "That's great Mitchell! Of course I'll enroll you in the class. School starts next week so we'd need to do it soon. Are you 100% sure?"

"Yes, Mom. I'm sure."

"Then I'd be happy to handle that tonight. I'm sure your father will be happy to hear that church choir has inspired you to take this class."

Oh... Sure. Of course she thinks that. "Yeah, um... Well this is different from church choir."

"How so?"

"It's a show choir. We sing music while telling a story which means like, show-makeup and costumes... Some dancing."

"That sounds like fun! What's wrong?"

"Dad won't let me."

I felt tears sting my eyes. Hold it together Mitch...

"Aw sweetie, you could at least ask him."

"But he'll say no and you know that! Could you just not mention that it's a show choir? Let me express myself. You're already keeping the fact that I'm gay a secret so this should be easy."

"Hmm... I love you very much, you know that?"

"So you'll do it?!"

She just smiled as my heart pounded through my chest.

"You've got yourself a deal."

--