Chapter 30

Happy new year! Thanks to everyone who reads my story and your support! ❤️

--

I scanned over the list of lead parts for at least the eighteenth time.

LEAD MALES:

Jean Valjean: Alexander Kirk

Javert: Scott Hoying

Thenardier: Blake Thompson

Enjorlas: Xavier Holt

Marius: Mitchell Grassi

Bishop of Digne: Adam Lowe

LEAD FEMALES:

Fantine: Amy Bell

Cosette: Kirstin Maldonado

Eponine: Justine Ezarik

Madame Thenardier: Dana Massiel

What the hell?

I knew Mitch wanted the part of Jean Valjean and I was so mad that he didn't get it.

I was mad at Ms. Clark and I was even more mad at Avi. We all know that If anyone had the vocals for that role it was Mitch. I mean he still got a lead role, but he's a love interest! I would literally have to watch him kiss a girl...

At least he would only be kissing Cosette (Who is being played by Kirstie, thank God). I remember when I first saw Kirstie and Mitch interact I briefly thought that they were together. I drove myself crazy wondering whether Mitch was gay or dating Kirstie to the point of just asking Esther.

And of course, Esther knew the answer.

Esther always knew the answer.

"Why the hell did Kirk get Valjean over Mitch?" I asked her.

She shrugged, scanning over the list. "No idea..." she replied shortly.

That's when it dawned on me that Esther didn't get a lead role.

"Hey Esth. Um, I'm sorry that you didn't get a lead part."

Her head snapped over my way and she gave me a half smile. "No worries. Now go talk to your boy before I have to, he looks sad."

She crooked her head back to the general direction in which Mitch was standing.

And of course Esther was right, Mitch was just standing there hugging himself with an unreadable expression written over his face.

"Hey you, love interest/lead role, you" I said playfully, trying to lighten up the mood. "What are you thinking?"

"I don't know..." he said sadly, blinking his eyes repetitively. 

I hadn't known Mitch for too long, but for some reason I could just read him well. I knew he was holding back tears.

"Talk to me please..." I said calmly.

He sighed. "Can you please take me home Scotty? Please?"

--

I dropped a moping Mitch off before heading home. He was upset or disappointed in himself and I really didn't want to overstep any boundaries and try to make him talk about it, so I did as he asked and complied with taking him home.

We pulled up at his house and I walked him to his front door. "Look, I know you're upset... but I've gotta tell you something. You have the best voice I've ever heard in my life and you'd be amazing at any role."