Chapter 60

A/N: This is the last chapter of Mitch's POV! + Things are happening in the next chapter, so be prepared. *Nervous laughter* 

-

"Scott, I want to say it back. But I'm scared because I'm only-"

"-Shh, you don't have to say a word. I already know how you feel about me, about us. You show it in your kisses and the way you hold me when I need comforting. You show it in the way you respond to my texts no matter what time it is and make time for me when you're busy. You show it in the way you smile, Mitchy..."

My heart melts at his words and I just kiss him again, slowly and passionately. "Thank you, for that."

Scott nods and moves his hand from my knee to brush on my face. "I love your lips."

I smile. "Same."

"You never have to say anything to me you don't feel comfortable saying, by the way. I'm always willing to listen to you but only if you want me to. I trust you so much, Mitchy."

"I know... I just, I don't know." I sigh defeatedly because I can't even explain myself to Scott. I was being so unfair. "Let's just get to bed?"

"Okay."

--

Scott wakes me up early the next morning by repeatedly kissing every inch of my face until I begin to stir and groan. 

"I'm heading to school and wanted to say bye even though I know how much you hate being woken up in the mornings. I'm so sorry." 

"Don't goooo." I cry childishly in my groggy state from having just woken up.

"Trust me, I don't want to. But since I'm going to apparently be a college boy soon, I've gotta finish my senior year strong."

"Have a good day at school, Scotty." I respond, already falling back asleep.

Scott chuckles and says something but I can't really hear him as I drift back to sleep. I think I made out  the words "I love you" but he could've said "I'll miss you." However, the thought of him telling me he loved me before going was comforting and made my heart dance. 

--

Graduation was getting closer and closer. 

I went with Scott to pick up his cap and gown, take his senior pictures, and tour some local colleges. He was actually thinking about staying in Arlington which made happy, but I hoped him staying had nothing to do with me though.

And when I asked him if he's staying because of me, well... Let's just say things got a little messy.

"Mitch, if telling you that I'm not staying because of you is what you want, then... I don't know. I could either lie to you or you can accept the fact that I want to be with the person I love."

"Scott, you can't just stay here because of me though."

"Why? Why shouldn't I? I'm your boyfriend, I love you."

"Scott, I can't hold you back from seeing the world."

"I don't want to see the world without you, though."

"You're being unreasonable."

"Why? Do you want me to leave or something, Mitch?"

"Of course not! But you and I both know that you don't want to just go to college. You want to go to LA with your brother. You want to make music, and you're so good that I... I think you should." I admit shyly. 

I expect him to be upset but he just sighs. "Mitch, dreams are just dreams... they don't actually come true."

"That's a lie!" I exclaim. "Scotty, babe, you know I wouldn't say any of that if I didn't believe you were actually good and capable of achieving your dreams. I know for a fact that if you go to LA, you will really make it big."

"Mitch, I don't want to argue with you cutie. I just have to be smart and go to college. After all of this time failing school and feeling like I would never become something, I've finally got a chance to make something out of myself. And I've got you, so I'm not leaving you. My whole family left me Mitch, I don't want to be like that just because I-I'm a Hoying."

I decide to drop the conversation when Scott gets emotional and opens up about his family, which he so rarely does. 

"It's okay," I tell Scott as he melts into my embrace. I hold him tightly. "You're nothing like them. I just want you to be happy, is all. I didn't mean to upset you..."

He quickly wipes his tears away and rips himself out of my embrace, composing himself. "I know you didn't mean to. I'm just sensitive when it comes to leaving people that you're like... supposed to be with. I was supposed to be with my family."

"You are with your family, though. Esther and Shelly, Avi and Michael... They're your family."

"Not really." He mumbles. 

I frown a little. "Not by blood, or legally.... But emotionally they are."

Scott nods a little. "It's just hard to know that I'm not really theirs, you know?"

"Sure." I agree. "You know how things were with my family until recently... I can relate to not feeling like I'm a part of something that's supposed to be mine. Maybe not to the same extent as you, but..." I trail off.

"And that's why I love you so much, Mitch. Because you understand me like nobody else, and you're just so perfect. That's why I can't leave you."

I take a big sigh and prepare myself to speak my mind. 

"Scott... You are going to graduate in three weeks and when you walk across that stage, in that long-ass ceremony that everyone is secretly dreading, I will be there with you watching  the whole time and cheering you on. And after that's all over, you'll go chase your dreams and I'll still be there with you, watching and cheering you on." I say as for the first time, I actually get emotional at the realization that Scott could be leaving me. 

Scott takes a while to respond, and when he does I want to cry even more. 

"Mitch... I will be right here with you in Arlington. You don't have to worry about me leaving, okay? No matter how much you want me to, I can't chase my dreams yet. Not without you by my side am I capable of doing so. We're in this relationship together, okay?" 

I nod quickly before running into Scott's open embrace. 

"I love you, Mitch." Scott says, breaking our embrace and staring into my eyes. 

I stare back at his beautiful cerulean eyes, and it's in that moment that I'm certain we will be alright no matter what choice Scott makes after he graduates.

I was certain that Scott made me a better, more self-confident person. I was certain that we would someday build a life together, that he was my best friend and one true love.

"I love you too, Scott Hoying." 

--

*

THE END.

JUST KIDDING, SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.