Chapter 72

Scott's POV

I get home in the early afternoon and Gen asks if I've had lunch yet as soon as I walk through the door. 

I nod. "Yeah, I went to chipotle after the meeting."

Gen rolls her eyes. "I could have made you something less... laxative?"

"Yeah, I know. But I needed something quick so I could move on with my day. You know how I am."

"Yes, I do know how you are." She sighs. "You're always "go go go" but I really do wish that sometimes you would just take it easy, take time to yourself or have someone to relax with."

"I don't need someone to relax with." I say quickly, but it comes out sounding more aggressive than I intended.

"Mmmhm, sure Mr. Defensive." She mumbles snidely, heading back towards the kitchen. 

I look down at my phone to check the time. "Has Mitch eaten yet?"

Gen looks up from where she was wiping down the center counter.

"He came down for breakfast earlier and we had a nice conversation, why?" She asks accusingly. 

"Jus' wonderin'." I reply, scratching the back of my neck. "Did he eat much?"

She snorts her response. "Why don't you ask him yourself, Scotty boy? Afterall, he is just outside." 

He must have gone out to soak in the sun or tan by the pool. "Oh, is he by the pool?"

"Hmmm," she hums. "Maybe. I know that Kyle stopped by earlier looking for you and he's been giving Mitch a tour of the place ever since."

Oh shit, our photoshoot. I completely double-booked my morning. 

"Oh shit, I completely forgot about him. Is he mad?"

Gen scoffs dramatically. "Scott Hoying, go ask him yourself. He's just outside. Now, do you have any more questions?"

--

"Hey boys" I greet with an awkward wave.

I walk out to the pool and catch Mitch and Kyle sitting very close together on an outdoor couch, Mitch laughing hard at something Kyle had just said to him.

"Oh, Scotty! There you are!" Kyle exclaims, hopping off of the sofa. 

Mitch stays seated and waves back with a smile. 

"Look dude, I'm so fucking sorry about standing you up. My schedule has been so busy with trying to finish up the new album that I'm just a mess. I'll still pay you though, and-"

"-Bro, it's all good. I'll let this slide, but only because I consider you a friend now."

"But-"

"-Seriously Scott, I insist." He smiles sympathetically. "We can just reschedule, no biggie."

I nod. "Okay, if that's what you want. Actually, how about I just pay you for our reschedule today?"

"If you want to, bro. But It's really okay... I mean, I've literally been at your place for the past 3 hours eating all of your food and using all of your stuff, so I think that makes up for it." 

Kyle was such an amazing photographer and finding him was a miracle. He photographs a lot of lesser-known celebrities, but when I first saw his work I had to have him photograph the artwork for my new album. 

Although we started off as business partners and I've only been working with him for a little over 2 months, he quickly became my friend and I'm always happy to promote his talent to my fanbase. Afterall, my most-liked pic on instagram is one of our shoots together.

"So, I see you've met Mitch?" I ask, remembering how friendly they were together.

"Oh yes, indeed I have. I've only known him for like 3 hours and I feel like I've known him forever." Kyle grins.

"Yeah, he has that affect on people." I chuckle.

I then notice that Kyle has his camera out and he must catch me staring at it because he says "Oh yeah, Mitch is such a beautiful person inside and out that I just had to snap a few pics."

He wasn't wrong, but Mitch happens to have a boyfriend. So, he needs to quit the flirting or else Mitch will feel uncomfortable. 

I try and change the subject. "Yeah, Mitch is actually a model. He's scored some pretty major gigs and has walked for the highest profilie designers in the industry. He's starred in campaigns, been on covers, you've had to have seen him before."

"Someone's done their homework." Mitch giggles. "I'm impressed, and flattered."

I blush. How awkward is that? Now he knows I've stalked him.

Kyle chuckles. "It was an honor to photograph him. When I first saw him I recognized him from his Vanity Fair cover. That was such an iconic shoot, I got so much inspiration from it."

I roll my eyes. "Alright, well I'm glad y'all have met. We were actually about to go exploring LA, I am gonna show Mitch around."

"Oo, nice. Shall I head out then? I've got another shoot at 4 and I have to drive to it." Kyle suggests.

"Hmm, unless you wanna come with us?" Mitch asks. "Do you mind, Scott?" 

Of course I didn't mind, but why did Mitch want to hang out with my photographer so badly? Could their conversation possibly have been that great? 

I mean, they did apparently talk for 3 hours and seemed to be getting along.

"Of course I don't mind." 

"Ahh thanks guys, but I've gotta go pick up some props for the photoshoot and drive across town in this god-awful traffic."

Mitch nods and I give Kyle a bro-shake and bro-hug. 

"Alright, well I'll text you later about the rescheduling. Sorry again." I apologize genuinely. I hated wasting peoples time.

"Hey, no problem bro." Kyle says as he invites Mitch into a hug.

I look away just in time before they hug to "check my phone".

"It was nice to meet you." Mitch says kindly. 

"You too, I hope we can hang out again while you're in LA?" Kyle suggests.

To my happiness, Mitch just shrugs. "Maybe. I'm probably gonna be pretty busy though..."

Liar, liar. Mitch wasn't going to be that busy this week with me, but it wasn't surprising that he had to let Kyle down since he already has a boyfriend. 

Speaking of Mitch's boyfriend, we would really need to talk about it later because I want to make sure that he's happy. It's all I've ever wanted was for him to be happy, even if it's with some other guy.

We all head back inside and Kyle leaves.

"So... isn't he cute?" Genevieve says to Mitch in a very dramatic feminine voice.

Mitch nods. "Yeah, I guess. So?"

"I can tell he likes you." Gen giggles. "Did you get his number?"

Mitch groans. "Ugh, I swear you remind me of my friend Kirsie. And um, I gave him my number but I'll probably never text him."

For some reason I felt relieved. I knew he'd feel that way, but to hear him say it was very pleasing.

 "Damn, your friend Christy must be really hot, smart, charasmatic and charming then?" Gen jokes.

The joke was funny, but Mitch and I just cringe and exchange looks at the all-too-familliar butchering of Kirstie's name. 

--