Chapter 43

This one almost got to 3k words! Just a little something for y'all who have been waiting patiently for me to update. :)

--

The first few days after leaving Martin aren't as amazing as I'd hoped they be. I break down again after logging on to twitter for the first time in week to be greeted by lots of judgmental comments. I deactivate my twitter.

I had to lie to Scott and all of my friends (With the exception of Kirstie) that I had been feeling sick as an excuse for not showing up to school anymore.

It's not easy to admit in the face of my anxiety and depression, but I do miss my friends. 

Even after everything that happened last week Kirstie still texts me regularly. It was over text message that I told her I'm leaving Martin. 

She's the only one I felt comfortable telling and I got a little guilty feeling for not trusting Alex. He's one of my best friends but I can't face him knowing how disappointed he'll be in me.

And then there's Scott, who I so desperately want to talk to but recently I haven't been telling him anything. 

I'd hardly been replying to his text messages.

He seems worried about me but I keep telling him that I'm alright, just feeling a little bit sick lately.

It's only been a week and we're already not working out. He just won't give up on me though.

Boyfriend <333: Hey babe, are you feeling okay today?

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up for much longer, so I needed to talk to Scott soon. There's so much that I haven't felt ready to tell him. We were so new and I coudn't just pour my heart and soul out to him a few days after saying I'd be his boyfriend.

Boyfriend <333: We all miss you at school.

Boyfriend <333: I hope you know that if you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm right here. I always have time to listen to you and I always WANT to listen to you. You mean so much to me and I hope you're doing alright.

Boyfriend <333: Sorry for blowing up your phone so much. I just miss you. :( </3

I frown at my phone and mentally curse myself for being so cruel to Scott. He really deserves better than me. 

I sigh. I can't keep dragging him down with the mess that I've become, it's unfair.

Me: I'm sorry

Me: I'm not doing okay. 

Scott's reply comes immediately. 

Boyfriend <333: Mitchy, thank god you're there. Please tell me what's wrong so I can help you. I and all of your friends have noticed that something's not right and we all just want to make sure you're okay.

Me: Promise not to tell anyone?

Boyfriend <333: I swear on my life baby. 

Me: I kind of want to wait to tell you in person.

Boyfriend <333: You're at home, baby? I'm just getting out of school and I can come pick you up so we can talk if you're feeling up to it.

Me: I feel fine. I'm not really sick.

Boyfriend <333: Is it okay if I come pick you up?

Me: Yeah, parents aren't gonna be home until dinner time. 

Boyfriend <333: On my way right now. Get dressed in something comfortable.

--

Scott arrives at my door looking handsome as ever and I nearly break down at the sight. I hadn't realized just how much I've missed him until right now.