Chapter 86

"Thank you so much, my love," I say to Mitch as he hands me a bottle of water. "I haven't been thing hungover since Halloween."

He chuckles. "Yeah, you went pretty hard last night. You deserve it, though. I mean, having fun... not this hangover."

After chugging the whole bottle of water in under twenty seconds, I plop my head back onto the pillow. "The party was alright, but the after-party with just me and you was even better." 

Mitch blushes. "I know. I enjoyed it too."

I bite my lip and moan dramatically thinking back on making love with Mitch last night. 

He smacks my shoulder playfully as he giggles. "Stop."

I stare at his dimples. "Your smile is the cure to my hangover." 

--

Once I feel like myself again and can stand without the entire room spinning, I head down to Candice's studio to surprise Mitch with lunch before meeting up with Kevin over coffee to discuss post-Holiday plans for my music career. 

I enter the studio and am immediately greeted by Mitch's new assistant at the front desk. 

"Scott Hoying, hello! Those flowers for me?" She winks.

I chuckle. "How are you, Jordan?"

"I am well and lucky to work here at CLamber Fashion!" 

"Well, you deserve it. Mitch always talks about how well you do your job... thanks for helping him out. Also, don't consider it luck. You are here because of your impressive portfolio. Did you really work for Hailey Bieber?"

She smirks. "I did, and that was just luck as well... although, apparently I am not as lucky as Mitch. I assume those beautiful flowers are for him?"

"Yeah, they are."

"I wish my friends would bring me flowers."

I blush a little, feeling embarrassed and slightly annoyed at myself, mostly. Maybe this wasn't the smartest idea since our relationship isn't public. I certainly didn't like being referred to as Mitch's "friend."

"So uh, is Mitch like... busy?"

She holds a finger up to silence me and rings Mitch's intercom.

I listen to her inform Mitch that he has a guest, tapping my foot impatiently. I had to meet with Kevin soon. 

"Okay, he's not busy!" She hops up. "Follow me, I will take you up to his floor."

I follow her into the elevator and she activates Mitch's floor with her keycode.  

Once we turn down the umpteenth hall, we finally arrive at Mitch's office.

Jordan knocks on the door. "Miss Grassi, your special guest!" 

The door swings open as Jordan walks off.

 "Bye, boys." She smirks.

"Scott, what are you doing here? And with flowers?" Mitch asks, blinking at me as he lets me into his office. 

I peck his lips, setting the vase onto the coffee table.

"They are so beautiful, thank you! But does this not seem a little obvious? I thought we weren't making this public."

"What? Friends can't buy each other flowers?"

"They can, but you are surprising me at my place of work with flowers and- oh! Sushi, baby? You didn't have to do that. Thank you, that is very sweet."