Chapter 12

I rolled my eyes at my texts from Kirst as I lay in my bed. Tomorrow would be interesting... Mom and Mike allowed Scott to come over to help me prepare for my audition and I was currently trying not to make a big deal out of it. However, that was a difficult task to achieve considering the fact that Kirst was bombarding my phone with text messages.

Kirst: HE CALLED U "MITCHY"

Kirst: DONT THINK I DIDNT NOTICE

Kirst: You're seeing Scott tmrw

Kirst: Y DIDNT U TELL ME U WERE SEEING SCOTT TMRW

Kirst: I'm supposed to be ur BFF

Kirst: You love him more than me :(

Me: You know you're my #1. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even tell my parents that Scott would be coming over until dinner.

Kirst: HE'S GOING TO YOUR HOUSE?!?!? OMG MITCH

Me: I can't with you Kirst... We're just gonna practice for my audition.

Kirst: "Practice"

Me: I'm done talking to u...

Kirst continued to text me but I put my phone on silent and turned off my lamp. I rolled over to my other side and slowly drifted off to sleep

--

My alarm woke me at 8. Or... It was supposed to.

Holy crap, It was already 11:47 and Scott was to be expected at 1! I barely have time to do my hair.

I tried to take a quick shower and put on a little foundation before straightening my bangs. I had already picked out a comfortable outfit yesterday but after seeing it today I didn't like it anymore. I put together a new ensemble of a white low V neck short sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans, and a red flannel. I quickly threw it on and checked the time. 12:50. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to make breakfast so I bolted down the stairs to go make some coffee. Of course because I was so smart and attempted to run down a whole flight of stairs, I tripped, falling forward onto the hardware floor.

"Mitch!" I heard my mom call out after I'd landed on my side. "Honey, what are you doing?! Are you okay?!" She asked frantically.

I couldn't even respond. I landed right on the side of my left leg and felt an immense amount of pain shooting upward. Something felt on fire. I just whimpered pathetically in response.

Mom rushed over to my side. "Mike! Mitch hurt himself."

Mike ran down the hall from my parents bedroom and was above me in an instant. "What happened, boy?"

"I-I... Owww. I fell! What does it look like?" I snapped.

"Where does it hurt?"

"My whole left leg."

"Can you move at all?" Mom asked.

I attempted to roll off of my leg and it worked out just fine.

"Good, I'll help you stand." Mike offered me his hand.

"Thanks dad," I said before taking his hand and distributing my weight to the right side of my body before... "OW! OH GOD!"

As soon as my left foot touched the ground that same pain shot through my leg.

"Mitch! Don't you use the lords name in vain." Mike scolded.

"Mike! YOU don't yell at Mitch while he's clearly in pain. Help him!" Mom retorted.