Chapter 44

I lay in bed that night thinking about Scott as my breathing steadied to a relaxed pace.

I had the most perfect boyfriend and I almost ruined our entire relationship being selfish. For some reason he didn't blame me though, so maybe I shouldn't either.

I was lucky to have him and I wanted to spoil him for his birthday. I just had to come up with a good gift idea.

My phone buzzed on my bedside table and I was expecting it to be Scott telling me goodnight. 

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that it was Esther though. 

Esth: Mitchy! I hear you're doing better now. Wanna hang out soon? 

Me: I've missed you, I would love to hang out. I'm doing much better now thanks to your brother.

Esth: Isn't he the best?

Me: He's amazing. And I'm sorry that I've been such a bad friend recently, just going through a lot.

Esth: Aw, that's okay. I think I understand why you've been feeling down but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

Me: Thanks. <3 Ily

Esth: Ily 2. :) When and where should we hang out? I was thinking friday or something, and then I'm assuming you'll be at your boyfriends bday party on saturday?

Me: I'm actually going to be at your house on friday to celebrate with Scott, just the two of us. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow or thursday?

Esth: Aww that's so sweet, you two are so cute. And sure! Sounds good. Now where should we go?

Me: Idk, not too far because I can't drive without an adult yet so I'll have to bike. 

Esth: Me either. Maybe Kirstie can go with us? She just got her license and has been driving herself to school.

Me: True, hang on one sec.

I shoot a text to Kirstin.

Me: Hey Kirst, wanna hang out with me and Esther tomorrow or thursday?

Kirst: Sure! I miss seeing you. I was actually just about to ask if you wanted to come sleep over at my place soon.

Me: I miss seeing you too. Are you alright with driving us around?

Kirst: Lol, yeah. I can't wait for you to see my new car! I didn't think mom and dad were gonna buy me one. 

Me: Yay! And I seriously cannot wait hunty! xx

Kirst: What is it that we're gonna do btw? 

Me: Um, idk. I need to go to the mall to get Scott a bday present.

Kirst: Oh true! We can do that if Esther's down. 

Me: I don't wanna drag you guys along for that though...

Kirst: Shut up! We love doing whatever with you and Esther is Scott's sister so she can help you pick out a gift he'll love.

Me: True

Kirst: It'll be fun! Your gift is gonna be so good that he falls in love with u.

My heart stops for a moment when I realize that Scott already is in love with me. He's confessed it multiple times and I'd never said it back.

Me: Yeah, ok. Anyway I gotta go now, text u tmrw.

Kirst: Okay love uuuu

Me: Love you too.