Chapter 83 (Christmas Special part II)

Thanks for over 100 followers and over 100k reads on this story! 

-Queen <3

-- 

Scott's POV:

On the night of Christmas eve, we all help to prepare our big family dinner. As always, mom and grandma make macaroni and mashed potatoes, dad and Esther make green bean casserole and dinner rolls, Avi and I prepare the meats and stuffing, and we all have a boys versus girls dessert competition where each team makes one pie and one batch of cookies.

This year, Mitch made cauliflower soup, which sounded disgusting but tasted absolutely amazing.

"I didn't know you could cook!" I announce, shocked, after tasting the soup. 

"Wow Mitch, we might have to add this to our tradition." Avi praises. "It's absolutely delicious."

Esther moans dramatically. "So good!" 

Grandma, grandpa and my parents all taste the soup and agree, thanking Mitch for making it.

Mitch blushes. "Oh, y'all really like it? Thanks. I'm really glad... my parents usually don't touch this when I make it back home, so I only made a little bit thinking no one would like it. I'm sorry."

Mom shakes her head "Don't apologize, sweetheart! But, if you want to make it up to us, you could share the recipe." she jokes.

We all laugh, agreeing with her. 

Mitch smiles. "Of course! It would be my honor to have my recipe in the Kaplan Christmas tradition." 

After the boys win the bake-off with our holiday booze cake, we continue our tradition of watching The Grinch and Elf as everyone begins to doze off. My parents and grandparents headed to bed and Esther and Avi went to tidy up the huge mess we left in the kitchen from preparing dinner. 

Mitch really wanted to help with cleaning, but I had a surprise that I wanted to show him while it was just us two.

"Come with me," I tell him, grabbing his hand to help him up from the couch. "I want to show you something."

I lead him out to the backyard patio and closed the sliding glass door. "Sit down, I want your opinion something."

He hesitates slightly but gets comfortable on one of my lounge chairs. 

I stand directly in front of him, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "I love you. Thank you for making tonight one of the best Christmas Eve's ever. I know you want to be with your family, but I hope you're enjoying it."

Mitch looks up at me from his chair, a genuinely happy smile on his beautiful face. "I don't know what I would do without you. Tonight has been perfect and you shouldn't be thanking me, I should be thanking you and your entire family for letting me join. I don't know how I could ever repay y'all."

"Not sure about everyone else, but I think I might have an idea of how you can repay me." 

He gasps slightly, his face looking surprised as he stares at me intently. "Of course, anything. what can I do for you?"

I kneel down so we're at eye level. "Well, I just want you to look directly above us."

He looks up at the patio ceiling and scoffs, smacking my cheek lightly as he bites his lower lip. 

Our eyes search each other's faces for a moment and, after a quick study of his reaction, I sense the same lust and anticipation in his eyes that I felt myself.