Chapter 13

My parents came back with my laptop, phone charger, favorite blanket and a few other items that would help me feel more at home since I would be here for a few days. They also come back with Kirstie which made me really happy. She entertained me while my parents went to run a few errands. We watched tv and she lay with me in my bed while we talked about everything. She laughed at me when I explained how I fell down the stairs and stated for a fact that I "fell trying to hurry and look cute for Scott". She told me Alex was planning on surprising me tomorrow but she wanted to tell me since she knew how much I hated surprises, which I was SO grateful for because I do hate surprises.

Eventually Kirstie left, kissing my cheek, after about a 3 hour visit. Mom and Mike were still out and I was lonely, so I built up the courage to text Scott.

Me: I'm lonely. :/ Do I still have time to take you up on that offer?

Bad boy: Absolutely. Send me your room # and I'll be there. You're at Arlington Memorial right?

Me: Ya. Number is ***

Bad boy: Ok Mitchy, be there shortly. :)

--

It was about 5:00 now. Mom and Mike went to evening service at church so I was still alone. I decided to pass some time by watching spongebob, waiting patiently for the knock that had just sounded on my door.

"Come in!" I called.

The door opened and Scott walking in, flowers in one hand and choir folder in the other. I felt my heartbeat quicken at the sight.

"Hey Mitchy, I got you a little something" He scratched the back of his head "Just a little 'get well soon' gift... I hope you like daisies. I only had a few options and these felt the most like you. Full of light and life, like your singing..." He trailed off.

"T-th-thank you, Scotty... It's lovely."

I just called him Scotty. My cheeks heated up. He just giggled and place the vase on my bedside table.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, a genuine look spread across his face.

"Well I actually don't feel any sort of discomfort at all.  I'm on pain meds so I feel a little drowsy though..."

"Hey, we don't have to do this today if you're tired. You should really be resting up so you'll heal fast."

I smiled. He's so thoughtful... and gorgeous. His outfit today looked really nice. Just simple jeans with a yellow and blue patterned shirt that brought out his eyes... No, Mitch. He's just your friend. And apparently friends buy friends flowers when they're in the hospital all of the time.

"I'm okay. Thank you though."

"Alright, well I brought my whole folder because I have a lot of old audition music in here if you need help picking a song."

I hadn't even thought about choosing an audition song! "Oh my gosh, I haven't even started looking... Where do I begin?"

He hummed before countering my question, "What's your favorite musical?"

I laughed, "Les Mis..."

He gasped. "No way! Well you can't audition with a song from what you're audition for... What's your second favorite musical?"

I grinned in thought, "Easy. Phantom of the opera."

"Oh my gosh!" He exclaimed, causing me to jump. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" he laughed, causing me to giggle. "But I love phantom of the opera, too! You should sing something from that. It's perfect! You have the perfect voice for one of those songs."