Chapter 40 (pt.1)

We're almost back into Mitch's POV! This will be the end of Scott's POV until chapter 61. 

This chapter got long so I decided to put it into 2 parts, which means... drumroll... Double update today! <3 

**

I don't talk to Avi or Esther for the rest of the day and lock myself away in my room. 

I also don't respond to Ben and Jeremy when they text about hanging out and instead occupy myself with homework. Since meeting Mitch I've actually started to care about myself and my education, and not just so I can impress him, but so I can better myself. Mitch has something so special about him that makes other people feel encouraged and just his vocal talent alone is enough to make you want to practice. 

Not too long after I was finishing with up studying there was a nock on my door. 

I knew it was Esther and sighed. "Come in." 

She immediately threw my door open and walked over to where I was seated at my desk, wrapping her arms around my neck and resting her chin on my shoulder. 

"Please stop being mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you."

She withdrew all contact. "Scott. Please?"

"I'm seriously not mad at you, kid."

"Then why are you acting all... mopey?" She asked suspiciously, folding her arms to her chest. "Don't play dumb, I know when you're upset. Are you thinking about your mom again or-?"

"-Don't! Don't talk about her Esther. What the hell?" I shout, suddenly feeling numb at the mention of my mother.

"Oh, oh god I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to-" Esther says quickly. 

"-No. No, it's okay." I say calmly, trying not to freak Esther out. "I didn't mean to snap at you. I just... can we forget about it? That's not why I'm upset anyway. And honestly I'm not upset because of you either, we'll talk about Damian later and-"

"-It's Darien."

"Whatever. Anyway, Mitch actually found your little outburst from earlier humorous so I'm just... I'm just kind of pissed at Avi right now." 

"At Avi?"

"Mhm."

"Okay but why are y- OH. Seriously Scott?" Esther laughs. "I've seen the way Mitch looks at you, and it's not the way that he looks at our brother, okay? You can't be worried about anything happening between them. They made a project together and now Avi is taking him out to celebrate."

"Well we need to talk." I mumble, placing my elbows on my desk and covering my face with my palms. 

"Oh no, that's not good. What's happened?" Esther asks concernedly. 

I gulp hard. "Promise you won't make fun of me?"

"Pinkie." Esther promises, holding her pinkie out.

I sigh and sit myself on my bed, patting the spot beside me.

Esther sits down and gives me a weak encouraging smile. "I promise I won't make fun of you."

"Okay... So, um. Uh- Well like, I've kind of asked Mitch to be my boyfriend and-"

"-OH MY GOD NO WAY! YAY! I KNEW IT! SCOMICHE IS SO REAL! KIRSTIE IS GOING TO FREAK OUT. WAIT, DOES KIRSTIE EVEN KNOW YET OR-?"

"-Esther, stop."

"BUT IT'S SUCH GOOD NEWS SCOTTY. I'M SO SO SO HAPPY FOR-"

"Esther."