Chapter 49

Wow we're almost to 50 chapters! I can't believe people are still reading this. Thank you so much!!

**

I jolt awake, having woken abruptly from my slumber. 

It was a sudden decision, one that I didn't expect to be made any time soon... At least not on my own.

Today is the day.

--

I send Kirstie a quick text asking if she could come over and spend the day with me. We would always hang out spontaneously, so she accepts without question.

We arrange our plans to go get lunch together as I quickly get ready, Kirstie already on her way over to pick me up.  

I smell food and make my way down into the Kitchen where mom and Mike are sat at the counter eating a light brunch. 

"Oh, look Mike! We do have a son!" Mom jokes. "Good morning. Or should I say, afternoon, Mitchell."

I cringe at the name but resist a sassy comeback. I needed to be on my parents' good side this morning so they wouldn't get upset at me for having Kirstie over in a few. 

"Morning, mother. Father." I say politely. 

"You look nice, son. Going somewhere?" Mike asks with a slightly raised brow. 

I nod. "Kirstie is picking me up for lunch and to hang out."

"Kirstie, eh?" Mike questions with a smirk.

I visibly cringe.

"We're just going to get lunch and maybe window shop."

"When will you be home?" Mom asks, placing her coffee mug onto the marble counter. 

"Definitely in time for dinner." I confirm, knowing what her question implied. 

"Okay. Have fun and tell Kirstie we said hello." 

Just then, the front door bursts open. 

"Hi Grassi's!" Kirstie exclaims cheerily. 

I roll my eyes. "What have I told you about doing that, Kirst?"

She giggles madly. "Well y'all should remember to lock your front door then."

"Hello Kirstin." Mike greets warmly. "Would you like some lunch?"

"We have plenty." Mom adds. 

Kirst shakes her head politely. "I'm okay! Thank you though. We are actually about to go get a bite to eat right now."

"We'll see you guys later. Bye!" I say quickly, grabbing Kirstie's arm and pulling her out of the door. 

As soon as the front door shuts behind us I groan loudly. 

"Why did you have to do that?" I ask.

"What exactly did I do?" Kirstie giggles.

"Kirstiiiiie!" I whine. "You know my dad already thinks I have a crush on you. Why do you have to go and make it worse by being all polite to them? You're gonna make him want me to date you even more."

Kirstie's giggles turn into genuine laughter, which only annoys me further. 

"Stop laughing! What's so funny anyways? You're so hyper and giggly today and It's so annoyi--- Oh."

I gasp in realization. "He didn't! Did he?!"

Kirst nods excitedly. "It's official! Well, it'll be Facebook official in a few minutes, but I wanted to tell you first."