Chapter 17

I know I said the last chapter was it for today but... I can't be stopped! I'm on a roll! 

I decided to go to school on Friday and I think I almost gave Kirst and Al heart attacks. "MITCH!" They squealed in unison, running up to me and giving me hugs when I finally made it to class. I was a little later than usual because I'm slow on crutches.

"Surprise!" I joked.

"If you weren't on crutches right now, I'd smack you." Kirst scoffed.

"I love you." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"You don't love me?!" Alex said, trying to sound hurt.

I giggled. "Of course I do!"

"Well, do I get s kiss on the cheek to or...?" Alex smirked.

I was half way to Al's cheek when I was interrupted by-

"Mitchy..."

I turned and was face to face with the boy I had been with only two days prior.

"Hey Scott." I smiled.

Alex shot me a glare and Kirst pulled him by the arm to sit down with her as she tried to engage him in a conversation.

"You didn't tell me you were gonna be here today?" He said, almost like a question.

"Oh, I didn't tell anyone. It was a surprise."

Esther ran up to me from behind Scott and gave me a hug. "Oh my god! I've missed you so much Mitch!"

I smiled into the hug. "I've missed you too."

She tugged on my arm a bit and made a hand motion to whisper into my ear. "You and Scott, eh?"

I leaned away quickly. "What?" I asked, turning red.

Did Kirstie tell her about the time Scott took me home?! Because that was supposed to be a secret and Kirstie's the only one that I told.

"Don't worry, I won't tell. Just invite me along next time, yeah?" She giggled before slipping away.

"What did she tell you?" Scott asked suddenly.

"Umm-" I started just as more students began piling in and Mrs. C came out of her office.

"-Alright class! Sit d-Mitchell! You're back! Mitchell is back!" Mrs. C cried.

I took my seat between my friends and Scott went to sit in his spot beside Esther.

A lot of people in class said hi to me or asked what happened and gave me over dramatic apologies, telling me they feel so sorry for me. Kirst gave me a knowing look and I rolled my eyes. She knows I hate a lot of interaction and people who act fake.

Mrs. C had handed out more music during the week and Scott being my mentor collected all of my music for me. After I got my music from him the class began to sing and I realized how behind I was. I knew most of the music, yes, but I had to learn specific parts. I sighed in frustration and Alex sent me a sympathetic smile.

At one point towards the end of class I began to space out and looked around the room. I caught Scott staring at me and as soon as we met each other's eyes, we both looked away.

Alex turned his head in my direction. "You okay?" He whispered.

I just nodded my head and kept it slightly angled down trying to hide my blush and steady my beating heart.

--

At lunch I sat to the left of Kirstie and she sat between me and Alex, who was sitting next to his friend Jake. I whispered into her ear. "We need to talk. Come to my house after school?"

She nodded her head and gave me a worried look. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just, I have a lot to tell you that I didn't want to talk about over text or FaceTime."

"I'll ask my mom if I can go to your house tonight."

I nodded my head and searched the cafeteria with my eyes as I chewed my lunch.

Eureka. My eyes landed on Scott, sitting with Esther and a lot of other girls who's names I don't even know. Their table was completely full and a lot of girls were all over him. The sight annoyed me but I tried to push my feelings away until I could talk to Kirstie tonight. It was important, I needed to tell her about how Scott and I have been talking more. Her opinion matters to me more than anyone else's.

--

That night Kirstie did come over and we were currently in my room finishing up dinner. My parents never let me eat in my room unless Kirstie was over for some reason, so I would always take advantage of that and eat there anytime she came over.

"Now, tell me what's on your mind." Kirst said after she swallowed her last bite of food.

I took a deep sigh, pushing my food around that I hadn't finished eating. We sat on the edge of my bed facing each other. "I don't wanna keep secrets from you anymore."

Kirstie's neutral expression dropped. "Secrets?"

I nodded.

"I thought we don't keep secrets, Mitchell."

I frowned at the name. "Don't call me that to get under my skin. It's not that I wasn't going to tell you, I just wanted to tell you in person."

"Go on then..." She ushered.

I explained everything about me and Scott, from how he visited me twice in the hospital to how we're seeing each other tomorrow morning.

"Oh. My. God. GET IT GIRL!" She shouted once I finished talking.

"Kirstie, shut up! Don't make my parents come up here!" I scolded.

She just laughed in my face wildly. I rolled my eyes when she finally calmed down.

"The glances during class today gave it away." She muttered.

"What?" I questioned.

"Ugh, don't be so oblivious" she scoffed. "I saw him staring at you in class... Lunch too."

"What, really? Lunch too?"

She just nodded her head before humming. "Mmhm. And Esther says you're all he talks about these days."

"I don't think he likes other men, Kirstie."

"Shut the front door! I've seen the way he looks at you. Plus he's always surrounded by beautiful senior women, you would think he'd have a girlfriend by now..." She trailed off, raising her brows.

"He told me he's dated a lot of girls before. We talked about it." I explained.

"You TALKED about DATING?!" She all but screamed from the top of her lungs.

"Kirstie! Shut up!" I pouted. "I don't want my parents to know any of this."

"Okay sorry, sorry. But continue please..."

"Look, no. We didn't discuss dating, okay? But I told him... That I'm gay. And he didn't tell me that he was too."

"Oh, honey. Maybe he just wasn't ready?"

I chuckled then. "It doesn't matter..."

"Yes it does! Do you like Scott?"

"Yeah, he's my friend."

"Mitch... You know what I me-"

"-Yes, okay? There. I like Scott. Happy now?"

"I fucking KNEW IT." She said, standing up from my bed and clapping her hands while doing a stupid little dance.

--